cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade date and no router

PenguinM
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade date and no router

<p>Is there a way to check what is happening with my fibre upgrade as the original email says it is upgrading tomorrow but I haven't received my new router yet? I can't seem to see any information on whether it has been sent either. I need the internet at home to work, so don't want it to upgrade before my router arrives.</p>
9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fibre upgrade date and no router

Thanks a lot for reaching out, and I'm extremely sorry for the delay with your router. I've now processed the router to be sent out via Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery and will be with you shortly.

Please be advised that you will not be charged for a fibre service which you're unable to use.

-Adam

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
PenguinM
Dabbler

Thanks. Is there a way to check when the fibre connection will switch over? I'm just worried that it will happen before the router arrives and I need to use my broadband for my job.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response, while in some instances out router can arrive prior to the lead time of 3-4 working days, it is not guaranteed. Though I do acknowledge the inconvenience caused by an issue on our end here, to maintain a connection, are you able to use any alternate means of connectivity?

The fibre order itself is due to complete on 03/03/2021 at any point up to midnight.

-Adam

Adam
PenguinM
Dabbler

Does that mean the broadband will work until 3rd March on the old connection? So if the router arrives by then it will all be fine?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Correct. You should have received an email today stating that your new router has been processed and will be dispatched shortly.

-Adam

Adam
PenguinM
Dabbler

Yes I have thanks, how long does processing usually take? I'm hoping the router will arrive before the switch on Wednesday.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We advise routers will arrive within 3-5 working days. However on occasions they can arrive quicker, however this is not guaranteed.

-Adam

Adam
PenguinM
Dabbler

Are you able to check when my router will dispatch as I've not been told it has yet?

Also can the upgrade be delayed until it arrives? 

Thanks

PenguinM
Dabbler

Router just arrived - not sure what happened with the dispatch notice as I got one this morning saying it's been sent today, but it's here so all is okay