Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade. No difference

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fibre upgrade. No difference

Good morning @hohoholmes

thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems on your line. The disconnections are also apparent on our end, looking at the visual radius. I've run some further tests on the line which aren't showing any definitive faults with the service, though errors are apparent, and the MTBE is rather low. I'd personally suggest going down the engineer route now, as you've tested your connection through the master socket already.

I've updated the open Ticket on your account, once you've responded, please gibe me a nudge on here and I'll be happy to raise the fault with our suppliers.

In regards to your speeds, @Gandalf sent you a message asking you whether you've been able to run a speed test via an Ethernet connection. If you haven't already, please do so and let us know what you're getting. An RRT this morning has found your line to be syncing at 19.7Mbps, although this is at the lower end of your estimated speeds, it's not quite gone below your MGS.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hohoholmes
Grafter

I've received the new router and I'm still getting frequent disconnections. If you need me in the house when the engineer comes I'm off work on thursday. If not please arrange for them to come asap. This is getting seriously stressful.

Thanks
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hohoholmes,

I'm sorry to hear that the new router hasn't inspired any improvement to the services. I've booked an engineer appointment and logged this on the outstanding support ticket, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team