Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade. No difference

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre upgrade. No difference

OK, no problem. Strange thing is, I can't see any MSO for that area either.

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Really?. Any ideas what I should do now as I think it's been four days without internet and I dont know where to turn to get it sorted... its causing a lot of issues with our hone working situation and we have a 7 year old who cant access the internet for anything...
jab1
Legend

Sorry for the delayed response, @hohoholmes . I can see there's only @TheMightyAJ as staff on line at the moment - he might pick it up - and point us to the MSO report?

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Thanks . I really appreciate your help.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hohoholmes,

I've tested your line again this evening and we're still seeing a reported outage in the area. It may be worth trying to reauthenticate your router, as sometimes an MSO can cause these settings to go awry and it's possible the results I've gotten this evening are outdated. I've included a guide on how to do this below.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: (accountusername)@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

BT not showing any faults for any of the exchanges in the area.

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

No good just says you arent connected to the internet. Please check username and password etc.... hin still flashing orange, green, red and intermittent orange b underneath.
jab1
Legend

Have you checked the username and password on the router - it should be in the form 'yourusername@plusdsl.net' and the password you use to access the members centre?

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Yeah. I've done this and tried resetting the password on the members centre to make sure I'm getting it right and still the same
jab1
Legend

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid, as a mere Community member there is little else I can suggest.  Don't know if you've tried this since the alleged MSO was cleared, but the only thing I can suggest is a factory reset of the Hub. Otherwise it is a case of one of the Help team picking this up tomorrow.

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

I'll give that a go. Thanks so much for all your help. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it soon.
jab1
Legend

Let us know how it goes, although I might not see it until tomorrow morning - had 'fun' on another forum I frequent, and need time to unwind before I go to bed.

It will get sorted, though.

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Hi. Tried the factory reset and unfortunately still no joy... still unable to connect 😩
jab1
Legend

I'd give Plusnet a ring, personally. I've run out of ideas, never seen a Hub1 and can't really think of much else - sorry.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hohoholmes,

I'm really sorry to see that you're still experiencing this issue with your service. I've tested the line again this morning and the estimated resolution time has been updated to later on this afternoon, meaning that work is still being carried out on this case. Should the issue continue into tomorrow please let us know and we'll be happy to check for any further updates.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team