Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade. No difference

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre upgrade. No difference

Hi @hohoholmes, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the issues with your connection look to have worsened as of recent. I can see looking at the connection graph this side we look to have lost connection with the router just before noon and the connection hasn't been back since.

When testing your connection from this side it looks like there's a major service outage in your area that looks to be behind this and I can confirm the estimated completion date we have for this is today by 6om. I'd advise taking this estimated completion time with a pinch of salt however as we often see work carry over by an hour or 2. If you're not back up and running by this evening though then please get back to us and we'll happily investigate further.
My apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

hohoholmes
Grafter

At this point I've just turned my router off. It's still flashing away and we have no internet connection at 23:30... unreal... what am I paying for?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @hohoholmes

I really do understand your frustration here, especially given that we're already in the midst of investigating fluctuating speeds on your line, this is the last thing we need.

Major Service Outages cannot be foreseen as I'm sure you can imagine, and while the Estimated response Time (ERT) was initially 6PM yesterday, Openreach appear to have encountered further issues, so this has now been pushed back to tomorrow at 17:00.

Please accept our apologies for the further inconvenience caused here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hohoholmes
Grafter

Just checking where would I look to see the update status. The one I've looked at says no known issues in my area and my next door neighbours is working fine?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Apologies to hear that the ongoing Major Service Outage isn't appearing on the Service Status page @hohoholmes

The best way to get an update on the ongoing issue would be to reach out on here, myself and my colleagues will be happy to check this for you and provide further updates.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hohoholmes
Grafter

Hi. Is there any updates on this? It's still down. Is there anyone I can call to get this resolved its causing me major problems.

Thanks
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@hohoholmes What source did you use for your look-up earlier? I doubt you will get a PN response until tomorrow - Support closes at 2000hrs.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hohoholmes,

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case. I've tested your line and I can see that the service outage in your area is still ongoing and our suppliers now estimate that a fix will be implemented later on this evening. I'd recommend rebooting the router every couple of hours as this may kick it back into life once the main cause of the fault in the area has been resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
hohoholmes
Grafter

Can I just check...is it 100% going to be back on this evening? It's pretty much 3 days without internet now and I'm no further forward. I just keep getting told it should be back up this evening and then it knocks on to the next day... I appreciate faults occur but I'm not getting any updates unless I ask and you arent answering my questions fully when I ask them. I've told you we need internet to work and we cant do anything on games consoles, tv etc.
jab1
Legend

@hohoholmes You won't get a staff response at this time of day - support closes at 2000 hours, but in any case, there is nothing Plusnet can do to speed anything up. This is purely down to BT/Openreach to resolve.

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any ideas why my internet would be the only one affected? I live in a terrace house and the neighbours either side of me arent having any issues. That's my I'm not getting the "major outage" in my area when it only seems to be mine?
jab1
Legend

I have no idea - maybe they are on Virgin Cable that does not need the BT infrastructure? Would you like to share your Area code and I will do a double check for you?

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Hi thanks for the reply. My postcode is TS296HH. My neighbour is with bt which is why I thinks it's so strange...
jab1
Legend

Sorry, @hohoholmes I meant your telephone area code - the Post Code won't help me find out about your phone service.😁

John
hohoholmes
Grafter

Sorry... confused. Its 01429. Just got home and it's still off. 😩