Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre transfer from BT to Plusnet

FIXED
MrGrumpster
Fixes: 1

Fibre transfer from BT to Plusnet

Hi, I recently ordered a Plusnet unlimited fibre extra package after previously been on BT fibre.  The switch over day was yesterday which started with BT closing my connection at 7am.  At 9am I received a message from Plusnet to inform me that my phone service was now ready to use.  Unfortunately I cannot test this as I no longer have a hard wired phone (just use mobiles only now).  I didn’t receive my Plusnet router until late afternoon and have tried to connect.  However the power light is indicating a steady orange colour, and the broadband light is either red or orange (can’t tell the difference).  I was wondering how long it normally takes to activate my account.  I thought it would be a quick thing but now panic is setting in as my better half works from home and needs the internet connection on Monday.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
marianhorti

Re: Fibre transfer from BT to Plusnet

I have a similar problem.

MrGrumpster

I can now confirm that the broadband light is orange not red which indicates that broadband is connected but the account isn’t switched on. I may have to give customer support a ring but don’t fancy wasting an hour waiting on much needed time off work.  Hope I’m up and running today as I mentioned previously my mrs needs it for next week (works from home) and my son is also off school next week (no Netflix,amazon prime, YouTube or console gaming!).  Beginning to wish I’d stayed with BT already!

MrGrumpster

Fix

Lol, luckily worrying over nothing Grin  Rang customer support and through in 10 mins.  Lovely chap just needed to manually activate my account and hey presto hub light is blue and I am out of the dog house!  Hope everyone has a great New Year!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry for the delay in activating your account following completion of your broadband order.

I'm glad to hear you got through to us and we've sorted that out for you.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet