cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to cabinet

ohmite99

Fibre to cabinet

I have ordered fibre to cabinet as it was said it was available. I have received my router and awaiting a switch over date. A neighbour also has signed up but has now been told it is not available in the area. It all comes from the same cabinet, can you confirm as you have placed the order

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Fibre to cabinet

@ohmite99 

You can check availability here. You're looking for VDSL in the left hand column.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If, towards the right it says Not Available or Unavailable then either the cabinet is full (no available ports) or some other reason (OpenReach engineering) is preventing it showing as Available.

Brian

Edit : I should also have said that if you've received the Router then your PlusNet order has gone through. They only get sent out a few days in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for signing up for fibre @ohmite99

I've checked this for you and I can confirm FTTC is showing as available at the cabinet your line is connected onto.

We've placed the order and the service is due to go live on the 21st February.

However, it appears you're a very, very, very long way from the cabinet, because the estimated download speed range is showing as between 0.1mbps to 1mbps. I recognise though we've given you an estimate of 3.5mbps to 4mbps, but it looks like since then the estimates/expectations of the line had been revised by our suppliers.

I'd recommend seeing how things go when your fibre service activates and hopefully it's an improvement! If your speed's not up to the minimum guaranteed we've agreed on of 3.1mbps, we can look at raising a fault with our suppliers and if an engineer can't fix, we'll be happy to move you back onto your previous agreement for standard broadband. 

Fingers crossed all's well again though. Smiley

If you do further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still