cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to Fibre Extra Complaint

mosef41

Fibre to Fibre Extra Complaint

Perhaps this is not the best place to raise this but out of sheer frustration at the service and trying to find the right place to raise a complaint, this is going to have to do.  After being a customer since 2014 i didn't want to leave without explaining why and giving you a chance to do something about it.

I requested an upgrade to Fibre Extra back on the 6th July and was told this would go through and we'd see the speed increase the next evening.  I changes my call plan at the same time to remove evening and weekend calls which was costing me £9/month and it transpired that this complicated the order and the fibre upgrade couldn't be implemented until the call plan had changed, scheduled for 21st July.  It was after two chase up calls to find out why it had not been increased after being told it would, that I found this out.

To make amends for the issues and wasted time chasing you, you kindly sent me the new router and also said you'd knock some money off my bills.  However more importantly I was assured that the upgrade would go through on the now revised date of 24th July.  The router arrived and I installed that yesterday - all very easy - but there has been no increase in the fibre speed.  It's now 27th July and I've had to call again to chase the order, waiting over 30 mins to finally get through to someone who tells me it's not gone through and may get done tomorrow - he couldn't promise.

In a nutshell this is appalling service and mismanagement of customer expectations and I'm fed up so am looking at other providers altogether.  If the service upgrade isn't dealt with in the next couple of days I have no choice but to change to a provider that is able to cope better with customer demand and service provision.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Fibre to Fibre Extra Complaint

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@mosef41 I'm sure it will all be OK one day and  up to 20Mb uploads too 🙂

pn.jpg

mosef41

I hope so but the experience isn't going well so far I have to be honest.  I've not seen anything over 60mbps over the last few days and am now aren't getting over 6 - yes 6mbps..... 😞

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@mosef41  I've never seen 60 down or more than 11 up on Plusnet Fibre Extra. 🙄

In my area, they advertise FTTP at (using the same wires to the old BT telegraph pole)  of 1GB down and 200Mb up, so it makes you think, what you would really get if you took that option, when the Plusnet contract expires.🙄