Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order

IDR
Hooked

Fibre order

Hi,

What is happening with my order?

No answers to my questions on ticket number 179021266.

I've not received a router either and from what I can gather on the website it doesn't look like it's been ordered yet.

Regards

Ian

12 REPLIES 12
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Fibre order

Hi Ian.

Apologies if you've not received an update from us. I've sent an update to the ticket which you can view by logging on via https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=179021266 .

Thanks - Tahir

IDR
Hooked

Hi,

From the ticket, this worries me:

"The engineers will need to work at the local exchange to remove any lines for you from Sky and to install Plusnet lines for your connection. This is a necessary procedure.

With regards to the router, this will be dispatched as soon as the install engineers have completed the phone line installation. This is because they will confirm the line suitability, which will tell us what type of broadband can be supplied, and what type of router is required.

The router is automatically dispatched by First Class Royal Mail once the broadband request is placed, for delivery within 3-5 working days..

We will monitor to ensure the phone line is activated, and to place your broadband order."

Firstly, the bit about suitability and what type of broadband can be supplied, why is this not known now? Does this mean I might not get what I've ordered and paid for?

Secondly, I was under the impression from your information that everything would be done on the same day, if the router is only dispatched after you've taken over the line then surely I'm going to have no internet for probably a week?

Regards

Ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for any confusion and concern caused.

Firstly, the bit about suitability and what type of broadband can be supplied, why is this not known now?

As we're having to install the phone line first before we can order broadband on the line, it's possible that fibre isn't available as we won't know 100% until the phone line is active.

That said there's a good chance it is available because searching your address Here indicate fibre is available however our suppliers advise that the most accurate searches are done by a telephone number(Which we don't have at the moment, so we're needing to install the phone line to determine that).

Does this mean I might not get what I've ordered and paid for?

If in the unlikely event that fibre isn't available then we'd give you the option to cancel your order free of charge refunding your initial fee back to you, or take out a broadband package with us instead.

Secondly, I was under the impression from your information that everything would be done on the same day

Apologies that this wasn't made clear to you that there would be two activation dates.

if the router is only dispatched after you've taken over the line then surely I'm going to have no internet for probably a week?

As we're installing a new line not taking over an existing line your service with your current provider should keep on working until our service is installed, which brings me on to my next point and possibly the most important...

The option you selected during the signup process was to specifically install a new line rather than to takeover the existing line. If this was incorrect then we're best off cancelling the new line installation and taking over the line as per Gaining Provider Led process where it'd take 10 working days and there would be minimal downtime in your service.

Let us know how you'd like to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IDR
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I'm aware I had no choice as to a new line or not. This in itself was confusing to me as I did not know why a new line was required, also if you look on the ticket I specifically asked what needed to be installed and if my existing service with sky would be cancelled by you taking over the line.

I would like to go ahead with you taking over my existing line if that is possible.

Regards

Ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Ian.

It's a bit odd, I'm sorry if you weren't given an option to takeover your existing line upon signup.

I've looked into this and things appear to be a bit more complicated. I've replied to the ticket on your account with more detail.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@IDR,

Have you previously been a Plusnet customer on the phone number you’ve asked to be taken over?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

IDR
Hooked

Hi,

No I got that number when I got sky.

The problem appears to be that I live in a flat and the myriad of different ways that different systems record that.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Was the line installed ‘by’ Sky?

If yes there is some possibly that it is not properly registered in BT’s systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think it's definitely a records problem, ideally Sky need to submit an ORDI to correct them.

I've just updated your ticket with more information now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thought as much and suspected that Sky would need to do the update ... but such needed your input!

IDR
Hooked

@Gandalf

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my refund following cancellation of my order, can this be chased please.

My original support question has been closed so had to post here.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @IDR,

I am really sorry that you haven't received this yet.

I have chased this further for you and you can track the progress through this ticket here