cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order stuck

swchairman
Hooked

Fibre order stuck

I feel a bit awkward about raising this in the current circumstances but I've run out of options...

After two years of trying almost daily, and now working from home for the foreseeable, I was finally able to place an order for fibre broadband last Friday (the guaranteed min for my regular broadband is 0.8 Mb/s and it regularly gets down to that, or lower) and was given an install date of tomorrow.

There's an open question on my account which gives the impression that the order stalled with BT on Saturday. Sure enough, the BT Wholesale ADSL Checker shows "waiting list" for VDSL for my cabinet and doesn't refer to any order active on my line.

I appreciate that there's a crisis on and everything's stretched but I can't raise anyone from Plusnet at all: the call centres are closed, I've not had a response on Twitter, and even adding comments to the question on the account has achieved nothing.

I guess I'm resigned to the fact that the availability for FTTC on my cabinet is extremely poor (this is only the second time in two years that there's been availability, and I guess I've missed it now if indeed it was ever real) and also that the MBORC from Openreach will stop the order, but am just after some sort of update / confirmation of what's going on rather than having to piece everything together myself...

5 REPLIES 5
swchairman
Hooked

Re: Fibre order stuck

Is there anything I can do to get any answer from anyone at Plusnet? Feels like there’s no support at all...
nakoruru
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

good luck with that. Been waiting for a week.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @swchairman welcome to our community forums and apologies for the delayed staff response here, Twitter and via your account. One of my colleagues has also responded to your tweet yesterday afternoon. I've looked into this for you and I'm sorry for the issues you're having with getting fibre broadband.

From what I can see when you upgraded to fibre, we didn't place the order with our suppliers automatically and we've manually placed that on the 30th March. Unfortunately as you've suspected the order has hit a capacity issue and is in queue on a waiting list. It should be fulfilled as soon as capacity is restored by either ports being repaired, more ports added or somebody else on the same cabinet deciding they don't want their fibre anymore/they're moving house.

I'm going to keep an eye on this for you through the ticket 200214857 on your account and I'll check back periodically. 

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swchairman
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf for getting back to me. That's very frustrating: it's only the second time in two years that there's been capacity on my cab and the current line speed here is so poor 😣

Appreciate you checking this periodically, though would be grateful to understand whether I'm now formally in a queue (and if so, what position I'm in in the queue) or whether the order has simply failed and would need to be resubmitted. I'm conscious that I've paid for, and by all accounts you've dispatched, a router I now have no (immediate) need for.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @swchairman 

The fibre order is still open with our suppliers on a waiting list, so I'd expect capacity to be restored soon. Orders on a waiting list will remain this way for a maximum of 90 days before being rejected by the supplier system.

I'm afraid there's no way of knowing what position you are in the queue as we can't find out this information. 10 minutes after we placed the order, we got the message "Your order has been placed in the waiters list" and that's all we have.

I've submitted a proforma to the fibre enquiries team at Openreach to try to find out more information and see if they can raise and/or escalate a capacity request to their capacity team to fulfill the order as soon as possible. 

Your new router will work with standard broadband although it looks like it's the same make and model of router that one of my colleagues sent you on the back of this post Here.

If you'd want to return it to us I can arrange a returns bag to be sent out and refund what you've paid for it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet