Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order not completed on time

FIXED
Pumpernickel
Hooked

Fibre order not completed on time

Today is my change of service day from BT to Plusnet.  No problem with the phone which is now on Plusnet but my broadband has not yet been connected and I haven't received the router so I can't connect even if the broadband does get processed today.

The information given at the time of order is "Your current service should carry on working as normal. You may experience a small amount of downtime as we switch your service and then you'll be up and running".  I don't call 14 hours a short time. 

My BT internet stopped about 6am this morning.  I did phone the support no. and they said my router order was "stuck" but one would be sent out today.  All in all very disappointed -- these days we need internet like we need electric light.  It's not a luixury it is essential so please get a move on plusnet.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre order not completed on time

Welcome to the community forums @Pumpernickel

I'm sorry to hear things haven't gone to plan

Your broadband order didn't progress as we'd expect within our supplier systems, so your router wasn't automatically ordered. We'll get your router to you as soon as we can, but it's unlikely to work until the broadband order is completed.

Hopefully that's done tonight, but it might need our suppliers to manually intervene and progress the order to completion. I can see we've got a ticket raised with our provisions team and we'll chase this up as soon as we can.

Apologies for the poor start and inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Once the broadband has been completed, you could always use your BT Router, you just need to enter your username and password, more info on how to do so are available on the forum.

Pumpernickel
Hooked

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply Mustrum.  I have already seen some advice on this forum about using a BT router so once I get the notification that broadband has been activated, I'll probably give it a go. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Shout up if you need any help - as it happens when I originally moved to PN, although the router did arrive in time, it was the old one that also needed an openreach modem, by the time the phone was answered I had the settings to sort out my HH5.

This place will often get a quicker answer than phoning CS.

Pumpernickel
Hooked

Is there any update on this.  Has my broadband been activated? I was told yesterday by Customer Service I would get the router today, now I've been emailed to say router being sent out today and to allow 3 - 5 days for delivery.  I would like to know if my broadband has been activated or not, as I can probably use my old BT router to access internet while I wait till next week for what should have come days ago from Plusnet.  Currently 30 hours without any internet.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

From what @Gandalf said earlier it would seem that there is some problem with the order, possibly the often mentioned stuck in suppliers system. It's not clear if the order will complete or more intervention is required to move it along.

Why don't you set up the BT router with your PlusNet username and password, connect it up and try it, that's what I would do, rather than wait here for an update.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm chasing this up for you now.

I'll post back when I've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for waiting.

Our suppliers have advised us that your fibre order is complete on the Openreach systems, but one of the activities that an order progresses through is currently stuck within the BT Wholesale applications.

They've raised a bridge case, which is basically a task with a back-end team to manually complete the order. We've been advised that we need to allow 2 working days for this to be picked up by the relevant people.

I've discussed the prospect of activating your account on our side as your order is complete with Openreach, but they've advised me that it's unlikely to work, because records haven't been updated since the order isn't complete in the BT Wholesale systems yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pumpernickel
Hooked

Thank you all for your help. Router arrived yesterday and today my broadband was connected.  Managed to connect using my BT router.  I felt quit lost without internet even for a couple of days. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear you're back up and running!

I felt quit lost without internet even for a couple of days. 

Sorry about that. I'd probably feel the same way if I was without internet.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet