cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order failed twice

Fazerjay
Hooked

Fibre order failed twice

So trying to move from Talk talk to Plusnet. I've now had a succession of emails saying various things about my order... failed order... Bridge question... Reorder. Now today I've had an email saying order failed for second time. I'm in the dark as to why or how this is happening. Talk talk meanwhile have written to me to tell me my service is due to switch on December 23rd. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to be left without a phone or broadband over the hols... what is going on?
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre order failed twice

Unfortunately when we're placing the orders they are being rejected due to a system issue with our suppliers. A bridge case is basically the request for this issue to be fixed.

I can see one of my colleagues in the provisioning department is due to be looking at this shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Fazerjay
Hooked

Update... the order has failed again. Can I have a proper explanation and a date when this will be sorted?... not just a.. "I will cancel that order and place a new order..."... three times now .... come on Plusnet just explain what the problem is...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Just a heads up that your order is actually still progressing fine, and we are now actually past the stage which were causing your orders to fail. This is something I said in a different thread, but applies to you too:

When placing an order, there's several systems that interact with each other and the actions of one can affect the behaviour of another. When the records are incorrect on one (or more) of these systems, a "bridge case" is raised to get the records corrected. So in Layman's terms I suppose we could say it's a clerical issue stopping us from getting you online.

Of course, this is frustrating for us as well as you, but we're hoping that there shouldn't be any further issues with your provision.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
DavidBevan
Hooked

Just to let you know Fazerjay that you are not alone. I am rapidly losing confidence that my situation will be sorted. I'm really regretting switching providers.

Fazerjay
Hooked

Oh my God..... it just gets worse..... I make it 4 times the order has been processed.. failed... Bridge case... random excuse blah blah.. order phone line on its own.. providers fault blah blah... now this..... quote...

Dear Mr Jones,

I have found that our orders are failing as there is already a cease order on the line at your property from the current provider. There can only be one order active on a line at any time and the current provider's orders take precedence.

Unfortunately, this means we have to wait until the orders completes on 03/01/2017 before we can place our order.

WHAT!... the reason my current provider Talk talk is cancelling my line is because YOU TOLD THEM I WAS SWITCHING... I'm running out of patience...

Can someone give me sensible reply. This is a farce now...
azamac
Dabbler

Im wondering what excuses i will get tomorow how can they keep going ahead with orders and then expect us to be suprised when they fail i have been trying to get internet at my new place for almost 2 months i had a month of sky doing the failed order thing untill i finally had enough and now im on week 3 of plus net doing the same thing i had high hopes with plus net as the phoneline was active within 24 hours and was assured i would have internet in 10 days im awaiting a respnse tomorow due to last 2 orders failing and i dont have much faith what so ever in having the internet this year it is a joke
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Fazerjay wrote:

Unfortunately, this means we have to wait until the orders completes on 03/01/2017 before we can place our order.

WHAT!... the reason my current provider Talk talk is cancelling my line is because YOU TOLD THEM I WAS SWITCHING... I'm running out of patience...

No, Talk Talk did not need to do anything, the new provider should do everything, so if it was not you that told TT to cancel the line, then someone in TT is messing you about by placing a cease. Its not the first time I have seen this issue on here, but is one of the reasons why I would never use them as a supplier.

Fazerjay
Hooked

update.... Still no fibre broadband, over a month since I paid for it.... Just a succession of reasons for failed orders... Open questions, hold questions, bridge case, blah blah.... Is this normal ?...

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Fazerjay

Thank you for your patience regarding this order.

I have checked your account and your orders and I can see that these have now completed and you can start to use and enjoy your services. If you have any issues or need any assistance then please get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.