Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order confusion

Jovin123
Grafter

Fibre order confusion

Hi All

In common with a lot of others it seems, I am somewhat confused over the progress of my changeover form ADSL to fibre.

After agreeing the new contract I received 2 emails (4 actually as I always get duplicates). One email says the date for changeover  will be 30th October and quotes standard price for Fibre, line rental and calling package the other says changes to services provided will be on next billing date which 05/11 and quotes discounted price for Fibre and half price calling package for 6 months (which is what I agreed to). I called customer services but the explanation seemed a bit vague and I'm still none the wiser apart from the fact that the modem hadn't been ordered but the advisor did do that and I received another email to say that and that theyd email again to say when it was being despatched. 

All a bit confusing and whilst Plusnet may (or not) know what they're doing, communicating it to the Customers seems a bit vague.

John

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre order confusion

Apologies for any confusion caused.

From looking at your account I can see the change is scheduled for the 2nd of November.

You should receive the router before then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jovin123
Grafter

Thanks for your reply, received a text confirming this also, hopefully will all go smoothly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed! Everything looks OK from our side still.

Have you received your new router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jovin123
Grafter

Router received Saturday and all working ok. Switchover is scheduled for 2nd Nov I believe.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this. 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Woo-hoo, glad to hear it Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet