Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre or not??

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Fibre or not??

Mother in law should have been upgraded to fibre on the 11th Feb. she's contacted me to say nothing appears to have changed. she has run a speed test and getting 3mb, same as on adsl. I can't check her line status, but I got her to power cycle the router, no change. 

The member centre still shows her on unlimited, and contract dates not changed but checked her profile and its set to 78mb!    The bt line checker states the last speed was 3mb a couple of days ago. Something is obviously not right.   Can a member of staff run a gea test please. I can pm the details. 

If she is not on fibre i will be annoyed as the cab has gone back to waiting list again. It appears openreach are vastly underestimating demand here. 

She's using a bt hub 5b

31 REPLIES 31
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Fibre or not??

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Two things to try:

1. Log into the router by entering 192.168.1.254 in the address ( not search) box of an internet browser. Then go to Troubleshooting then Helpdesk. Look for G.993. This is VDSL. If you find G.992 then she is still on ADSL. Sorry I can't be more precise, I use a Smarthub 6.

2. Put the telephone number in here:  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker. Look through it to see if there is an open order, if so it will give you a go live date.

The transfer date could well be just delayed due to Engineer availability.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that. Can't get to her router at the moment but the bt wholesale page says there is an open order due to complete on the 11th Feb 2019.... Didn't notice that before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having an outstanding open order showing on the Openreach page proves that the upgrade order was placed and accepted, but it looks like there were no available FTTC ports on the cabinet on that day.

My understanding is that in this situation your Mother-In-Law's order will be on the "waiting list" for 90 days, and therefore will be prioritized ahead of anyone new (not on the waiting list) trying to place an order for fibre, while everyone waits for Openreach to add port capacity in the fibre cabinet.

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the explanation. When we placed the order the capacity was shown as available. It now waiting list. This cab has been waiting list or available since October 18. It seems openreach really need to get their act together. It's plainly obvious that people in the area want fibre..... I did email openreach and got generally positive response and that this should be sorted in Jan, due to works needing to be done.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the lack of communication regarding her fibre order.

I've checked this and I can see it's stuck in the initial stage before it's confirmed in the supplier systems. Apart from that we've not received any updates, so I've chased this up and I've been advised that it's with the application support group(ASG) and they've not received any updates back, so they've escalated this with that team by raising a bridge case.

A bridge case is basically a form of escalation request and the lead time we're given is 5 working days. I've moved the ticket 187096243 to our provisioning team to check back next week.

Unsure whether this is related to the fact there's no capacity showing at the cabinet now and if the order will still go through, but it's difficult to find out definitively so we'd likely need to ride it out and see what happens unfortunately. Sad

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the reply Gandalf.

It all seems a bit of a mess does this...  She's agreed to a fibre contract as far as I can see, but member centre is still stating she's ADSL. Her speeds are set to a Fibre profile at 78Mb

It seems Openreach are not very proactive regards capacity on this cabinet, as it always seems to be on a waiting list.

The contact I have had with Openreach about this is limited to say the least.  Have you any way of contacting them regards cab capacity issues....

If you can keep me up to date, I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

She's agreed to a fibre contract as far as I can see, but member centre is still stating she's ADSL.

That'll be because the fibre order is delayed with our suppliers.

Her speeds are set to a Fibre profile at 78Mb

This is just the speed profile on her account which was increased in anticipation and it's kind of irrelevant nowadays.

Have you any way of contacting them regards cab capacity issues....

You can contact the Openreach fibre enquiries team by filling out this formwize: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d though they're unlikely to be able to help with an existing on-going order.

If you can keep me up to date, I would appreciate it.

We'll chase this up when we can and make sure we update the support ticket when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @penfold, I've chased their fibre order up with our suppliers and I've been advised that the order is still stuck so they're escalating this with the appropriate team at Openreach and to allow 2 working days for an update.

Due to the length of time this is taking I've also raised an escalation with our suppliers. We'll update you when we have more information.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Gandalf.
I mean no disrespect here, Indeed I am very grateful for your time and support with this, but it's a mess isn't it. Fibre was ordered in good faith on the 2/2/19, as it has just come back available on the checker. Order was accepted. Due date comes and nothing. What is this 'stuck' in suppliers systems...... And why does this keep happening and we just accept it. It's not good enough. If my shopping order was stuck and didn't get delivered then things would get done, but openreach seem to be above the law. Due to openreach or BTW incompetence now she likely won't get fibre for god knows how long as cab is again oversubscribed. Needless to say that we are not very happy, as she struggles to stream with her apple TV, and fibre would have been ideal. As said, I in no way hold you accountable galdalf, but or needs to be made accountable.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for your feedback, @penfold - I can appreciate why you're frustrated.

We'll chase this up for you on Monday and let you know the outcome.

Best wishes

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro

The WBC ADSL to FTTC Migrations order is still in issued status on openreach systems. As per the last notes on openreach systems “The order is stuck as no KCI 2 triggered yet and not yet committed, We have chased ASG team to get the KCI 2 trigger. Review on 11-03-2019.” 

The case is now being dealt at Team leader level. Parking the case till 07/03/2019 12:00 hours to check the status of the order. 

What does all this mean????  This really isnt good enough.......  its now getting on towards a month since the fibre was meant to go live, and in reality I have had no clear responses from OR or BTw, apart from excuses, and so called escalations.

I want a CLEAR, CONSISE summary as to what the hell has happened here.  What is this 'Stuck' situation.  i see it many times on other posts, with people in the same situation, yet no explnation as to what it is, or how its happened.  For gods sake, we are in the 21st Century, dealing with a communications company. This is making me look stupid with my mother in law, as I advised her to get Fibre, as it would be a relatively simple upgrade (or it was with mine), yet still she is stuck on a 2Mb (2.5 on a good day), that is in no way useful for her needs.  

I want by the end of play Thursday, a clear idea as to what is happening going forward, with no excuses or 'escalations' from OR or BTw, Just a plain 'this is what is going to happen' and a potential date for Go live.  I do not think I am asking for anything unreasonable. Please PUSH your suppliers instead of letting them dictate the actions.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the continued delay on the fibre order.

The notes you've quoted above are for internal use, I've been providing a customer facing comment on every touch of the ticket as well as providing the suppliers notes for full visibility of anyone else who may access the account.

As you can see from the ticket I am pushing by escalating this with our suppliers. Unfortunately following escalating this to team leader level at BTwholesale while they've accepted it at this escalation level, they've ultimately advised that at this point this cannot be escalated any further with Openreach. 

I wish I could provide you with more information regarding what the issue exactly is, but all we know is that the automated flow of activity on the order is stuck in the Openreach systems and needs their application support group to manually progress it. 

However I can assure you that we're doing everything possible to get this sorted as soon as we can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the update.  You can appreciate our frustration with this, and the apparent lack of progression, particularly given the fact that once the order goes through, its likely to be now rejected, due to no ports being available in the Cab, even though the order was accepted when there was capacity (unless a port was reserved at the time of the order).