cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not activated on time, no idea what’s going on, please help!

rsollis

Fibre not activated on time, no idea what’s going on, please help!

Having read a few threads on this forum you all seem very knowledgeable, could you possibly help with my predictament?!

I’ve been pushed back and back on my fibre activation date by over two weeks, but finally an openreach engineer converted my line to fibre on Friday (yay, or so I thought). I know this because my husband spoke to him whilst walking the dog at about 10am and he confirmed all was ticketyboo and he’d had no issues with the job.

PN telephone support/online chat were of very little use and could not offer an explanation other than to say that they had raised a ‘bridge case’. Unfortunately not working for PN myself I have no idea what that is, could anyone explain?

So, jumping forward to now I still have no connection and all I have to show for it is an orange light on my router and a small red ‘b’ light (not flashing). The router indicates that the line is connected and shows 74.32mb downstream but it will not let me login using my account details.

I can therefore only assume that PN have not yet, for some reason activated my account but I have no idea why! Please help!!!

P.S. I’ve now been without internet at home for nearly 2 weeks due to Sky disconnecting me early and have precious little data left on my phone! Please take sympathy!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): A duplicate post released from Spam Filter then removed.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre not activated on time, no idea what’s going on, please help!

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately the order is stuck on our suppliers systems but based on what you've said you may be able to get online.

Can you try rebooting the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team