cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre line installation problems

PaulS83

Fibre line installation problems

So I had my Openreach engineer out today to install my new BT line for my Plusnet broadband. The DP he was given does not exist and so the only other nearby DP is across the road and further away. The problem is to attach to that DP they need to run a wire from a pole to my property over and across the busy main road. The engineer advised this will need multiple engineers, traffic control and permissions granted from the local council. There was nothing else he could do today so that was it. I spoke to Plusnet who have flagged it up as a possible delay (they had to wait until the engineer notes were updated for confirmation) and I am waiting to hear back. Other than the lack of internet proving a major headache as I am working from home my main query is who now pays for all this work for my new line? I have paid the original £50 installation charge, does that cover all the extra work that needs done as nothing has been installed yet? And otherwise what rights of cancellation do I have? I realise it's within the 14days so can but surely I should receive a full refund including my installation fee and monthly charges? I haven't/don't want to cancel at this point, I am keen to have the Plusnet service but I am also very conscious of how long it will take to get the internet up and running as it is somewhat of a necessity at the moment and I can't really afford to be weeks/months without it or afford further install charges if they are required. I already have virgin media/cable connections set up so know they could provide internet access relatively quickly but I would prefer to avoid their 18 month contract. Anyone any experience or idea of what timescales I am likely to look at for this sort of thing? Thank you in advance for all your help.
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Fibre line installation problems

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jahqq

This is pretty similar to what happened on our first engineer visit, assigned a pole across main road which is dumb luckily we have a pole right behind our garden. But be wary once your line is up you’ll have trouble connecting to broadband and just giving you a heads up there will be much more delays
PaulS83

Thank you for your reply! Even though it was not the sort of news I was wanting to hear! 😂 😔 If the quality of broadband isn't what you paid for as advertised there is right to a partial refund or fee free cancellation correct?
Jahqq

Open up a complaint make sure u note how long ur without service from the agreed date of live service they should give you compensation or credit towards your monthly payments but to be honest once My contract is finished I will be changing providers