cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre just activated and my router has only just been posted?!

Starwarsfanboy

Fibre just activated and my router has only just been posted?!

I received a text saying my phone and fibre have been activated on time but later received another text telling me my router is in the post and now it's going to take 3-5 days to arrive?!

I was assured multiple times that my router would be here on time but now I'm being told I'm going to be left 3-5 days without an internet connection!!

This is going to be a huge inconvenience to me. What can be done to rectify this before I use my cooling off period to leave? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre just activated and my router has only just been posted?!

Sorry to hear your router was only ordered when your account was activated. Whilst the official timeframe for delivery is 3 to 5 working days, it'll be sent Royal Mail 1st Class. As such, I'd expect it to arrive much quicker.

Depending on the type of router you currently have (if you have one at all), you may be able to set it up using your connection details. Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Starwarsfanboy

I managed to set up my old talk talk router to connect via my plusnet account in the interim. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Great to hear! Apologies again for the late delivery.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet