cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband not yet active

HH

Fibre broadband not yet active

Hi,

I ordered fibre broadband services on the 31st August 2017 and it was not until later that I was advised it would not be activated until the 27th September 2017, almost a month later. I have since requested whether there is any possibility of this date being brought forward and have been told it cannot be. My issue is that it seems to suggest to you initially online that it will take 14 days, when in fact this is the minimum time period, not how long it will actually take.

I understand that this date cannot be brought forward now, however I have already made payment for this month along with the set up fee and want to check that the monthly payment will be used from the date on which the service is activated not between the 31st August and the 27th September.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Fibre broadband not yet active

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to the most appropriate board: My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi there.

Sorry about the delay with your order. It's due to engineer availability in your area.

My issue is that it seems to suggest to you initially online that it will take 14 days, when in fact this is the minimum time period, not how long it will actually take.

That's estimated, however we'd advise the following in your welcome email:

* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

I understand that this date cannot be brought forward now, however I have already made payment for this month along with the set up fee and want to check that the monthly payment will be used from the date on which the service is activated not between the 31st August and the 27th September.

Your initial fee will essentially begin from the point your services activate.

I hope this helps clarify things

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet