cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband not yet active

FIXED
icedduck

Fibre broadband not yet active

Hi there, I have had fibre installed today, received a text informing that our phone line is now active... But yet to hear about our fibre connection being active.

Reading other posts other users have expressed the same issues, only to be told there has been a fault at the exchange, could someone please help advise of this is the case with my order also?

Kind regards,
Icedduck
Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre broadband not yet active

Fix

Hello there and welcome aboard.

Your fibre order completed earlier in the day but your account on our side hadn't activated quite yet.

I've manually pushed this through for you now.

Can you let us know if you're able to connect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
icedduck

Thanks for the quick reply gandalf!

I can confirm that we are now connected! Many thanks for your help!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yay. No problems Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
petethefeet
Dabbler

hi i ordered fibre and phone nearly two weeks ago i was told fibre could take up to 3 month until bt connect it to the green box at the end of the road ...phone starts on 18 september been put on phone and broadband being charged £1 a month for broadband i assume thats until i get fibre,it seems a long time to wait all the same any body else had the same wait?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello there.

As there's no capacity at the cabinet, we'd need to unfortunately wait for Openreach I'm afraid. Whilst it can take up to 3 months, sometimes it's done quicker but in some cases it can be longer.

I'd recommend checking this site every so often: http://dslchecker.bt.com/

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet