cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband....new router?

Duggo

Fibre broadband....new router?

Hi

fibre broadband goes live today.  I had assumed it would mean a new router, but we've not received anything.   Do the use the old router?

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Fibre broadband....new router?

Moderator's note:

Thread moved fromFibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you are currently using a freebie Plusnet ADSL router then it can't be used.mYou should have received a new Hub One by now, it's either stuck in the post or Plusnet have failed to order it properly. You need to contact them if it doesn't arrive today.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to our community forums @Duggo

Unfortunately your fibre order has been delayed to the 25th April due to engineer availability in your area. Sorry that this wasn't communicated out to you. I can see your new router has been ordered now so you'll receive it soon.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Duggo

Hi,

the router has only just been ordered as I called customer services 3 hours ago.  I’ve since had emails and texts to confirm the order, none of which I received when I placed my order for fibre a week ago.   I also wasn’t informed during the phone call 3 hours ago that there was a delay to the 25th, despite me specifically asking what would happen with my broadband as I had no fibre router.   It’s a shame this vital information is only now being conveyed to me over a public forum.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

I'm sorry for the poor experience you have had @Duggo and the lack of communication there has been.

Once the fibre order completes on 25/05/2018 you will receive an automated email to confirm the service is active.

If you need any further help following the completion of the fibre, don't hesitate to get in contact.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team