Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband go live date?

Rgaunt27
Hooked

Fibre broadband go live date?

Good Morning,

I've received an email today that the turn on of my line has been successful and my account has been updated.

However, I don't appear to be able to see an ETA on my fibre live date or my router delivery notifications.

If anyone can advise me that would be great,

Kind regards,

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre broadband go live date?

Hi there.

From what I can see it's due to complete on the 1st of June.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Rgaunt27
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was under the impression it would be a lot sooner than June 1st? When I signed up my original message was as followed:

-We'll get your new phone service up and running as soon as we can. This normally takes 2-4 working days. Once that's done, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days

As my phone service was up and running in under 24 hours, which was amazing, I assumed the 5-7 days would apply going forward? Is there any particular reason for delay?

As mentioned before, especially for a work scenario i'd like to reduce any down time to as little as possible.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

For a work scenario you shouldn't be relying on a cheap residential service and business use contravenes the Terms and Conditions of the contract. However many posters on this forum seem to be doing the same thing and relying on a budget ISP for work purposes and then complaining bitterly if they have a fault and it takes a few days to fix, with no back up connection available.

Sairu

Hi,

I was a bit worried about the work side too, as I do work from home on occasion if I have a meeting in the area later that day or if I am unable to get into the hospital.

I did check the Plusnet user agreement and it said that occasional work could be used on a regular residential account, so I assume it means that is within the acceptable use policy as long as someone isn't using it as their main work connection.

To be honest, it's not something I thought about before as a large number of people do work mobile and flexibly now so I imagine an ISP that would be against that would not be very popular. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Unfortunately it looks like your fibre order has been delayed due to engineer availability.

I can see we requested the service to go live on the 23rd but this was pushed back.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet