cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband delayed connection

ukfamilyroberts

Fibre broadband delayed connection

I've just moved home and was promised the broadband to be connected within 5-7 working days after the phone line became active (3 Sept).  I have now been told that the broadband won't be connected until 16 Sept.  This is way outside of Plusnet's promise and I can't get through to customer support.  Any ideas how this can be sped up?

4 REPLIES 4
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Fibre broadband delayed connection

Hi @ukfamilyroberts.

I'm sorry to hear about the delay, I appreciate you have tried to call us about this. I have looked into this and have responded here.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

ukfamilyroberts

Thanks for your message explaining how the booking of an engineer works, but that doesn't really help the fact that my broadband will be switched on later than promised. Not the best start or customer service from a new provider that prides itself on this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Unfortunately the delay is simply down to engineer availability. From what I can see we advise "Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date" in the welcome email.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukfamilyroberts

Brilliant