Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband activation

alexxxandre
Hooked

Fibre broadband activation

Hi!

I have signed up to Fibre broadband on the 22nd of October, the phone line was activated shortly after, and I have received my router. I got a text notification on the 23rd mentioning my broadband service would be activated on the 29th. I still haven't received confirmation, and I tested whether service would be on on the 1st of November, but it wasn't.

Can someone in the staff check if there is some delay to my order? (do you have access to my customer username, which I specified in my forum profile?)

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
alexxxandre
Hooked

Re: Fibre broadband activation

Hello,

I received a text message on the 2/11 about an activation date of 17/11, but in my Broadband order tracker, I get this message:

"Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens."

Should I worry about this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @alexxxandre and apologies for the delay.

I've checked your order and I can confirm your fibre's due to go live on 16/11/20 before midnight. We'll send you an email once your service is ready to use so you can setup your router to connect to the internet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexxxandre
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf, thanks for the reply.

I have received a mail on the 16th mentioning "Your fibre broadband's ready to go". I didn't get a text message though.

I have turned on the router this morning, alas the broadband light seems to stay on a solid red light. The instruction manual indicates that with the Plusnet router, no username/password should be necessary. I have also tried manually my username@plusdsl.net with my account password, but the result stays the same.

Can you check everything is in order on my line, and help me troubleshoot?

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @alexxxandre it is showing that your services are out of sync.

Please move all of your services into the test socket like this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the connection doesn't change in the test socket then please raise a fault here: https://faults.plus.net and then give us a nudge here so we can test the line again Smiley 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
alexxxandre
Hooked

Hi, I've just connected the router into the test socket, broadband light is still red.

The faults.plus.net page is asking me to create a dial up connection, but I don't have any ethernet port on my Mac, so I can't continue there.

alexxxandre
Hooked

I replied No to the last question for the direct connection bypassing the router. The faults ticket seems to have been created.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @alexxxandre Smiley

Thanks for moving everything into the test socket, I'll test the line for you now and then I'll update your fault here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=208424715 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @alexxxandre 

I've just finished running tests, the fault question is with the Faults Team and is waiting on your response. Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
alexxxandre
Hooked

thanks @tinytaco for your very quick answers. I've tried to propose some time slots for an engineer visit in the faults ticket system, but didn't get any answer since this morning; I'm not even sure whether I could expect a visit tomorrow or in two weeks.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @alexxxandre Smiley I've updated it for you.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
alexxxandre
Hooked

Thanks a lot!