Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade order status

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fibre Upgrade order status

I placed a fibre upgrade order yesterday and I know that it MIGHT be a bit premature but I was sort of expecting a commited date by today. The most likely I can see amongst my tickets that might indicate it, is a service notice this morning

An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 04/11/2016.

Any chance one of the PN help team could have a quick check over the order please ?

Thanks

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre Upgrade order status

I've checked your order and it's due to go ahead on the 3rd of November.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Many thanks for checking Matthew.Smiley That's much better for me than the 4th.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

No problem.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Well me of little faithEmbarrassed Given that automation does seem to fail occasionally I was about to ask the Help team to 'kick' my router despatch but lo and behold , I just got an email to say it's been despatchedSmiley

There is something that the help team could do though, but no urgency. I have a couple of TG582's on my account which will be of no use shortly and I will probably donate to a family member who's also with PN. Could someone remove them from my account for auto configuration please ?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll go get them removed. Make sure you clear our your username from within them too though!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Chris. Thanks for the reminder but I would always factory reset them first and then configure as required for the target PN account.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I've checked your order and it's due to go ahead on the 3rd of November.

Someone really needs to fix the automated systemsRoll_eyes Today it told me that my product change was complete!!!

Now I know that's wrong but your average user doesn't ( unless they frequent these forums ) which is only going to cause more work for the CSC explaining...

Even I don't quite understand why it chose today, since it's not my billing dateHuh 

If my billing date & real activation date weren't so near then I'd be querying refunds for the period for which I was still on ADSL .

Chris
Legend

I believe that today would have been the date we requested for the order to complete and the 3rd is the updated date we were advised.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That would have been my guess Chris, but surely the automated system is updated with the real date ?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Seeing as my new discounts won't kick in until the next billing date ( which is fortunately 2 Nov!) I hope the billing system isn't going to try and bill me pro-rata at full price for the remainder of this month for the Fibre I don't yet haveRoll_eyes

Chris
Legend

We don't bill pro-rata for it, so you don't start getting billed for your fibre until your next invoice date.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's ok then. The system really needs fixing though, it seems as though it gets the initial expected date and then that is 'cast in stone' even though the actual date changes. Looking at my closed tickets, then everything happens according to the initial date, apart from maybe the router delivery which, from other posts, does seem to get delayed if the 'real' activation date changes.

Lets hope the new provisioning system sorts this outRoll_eyes

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Looks like my Fibre has been activatedSmiley. Could one of the help team give my PlusNet profile a kick please , it seems to be stuck at the ADSL speed

Chris
Legend

Done. May need a reconnect to see the speeds change.