Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade Activation Date?

FIXED
Marlea

Fibre Upgrade Activation Date?

Hi,

Upgraded to fibre on 13 September. Received notification service would start on 20 September. Have received my new fibre router.

Has the fibre service now been activated and may I now connect/setup the new router?

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Fibre Upgrade Activation Date?

Hi @Marlea,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the community forums regarding your query. I have checked this for you and due to engineer availability in your area the order is committed for the 28/09/2017 and can take up to midnight to complete.

From looking at the notes on your account I can see that the date of activation for the 20/09/2017 was a requested date but due to the availability of engineers to install the fibre in the are it was pushed back.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Fix

@BenB wrote:

From looking at the notes on your account I can see that the date of activation for the 20/09/2017 was a requested date but due to the availability of engineers to install the fibre in the are it was pushed back.

But this updated activation date was not communicated to the customer leading to this uneccessary call to an already stretched support resource?  Can this be fed back into the management team please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marlea

Now I understand the delay, hope new date goes ahead OK. Thank you.

Marlea

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like your order completed as expected. How's your new fibre service?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marlea

So far so good although I have noticed occasional drops on speed so still monitoring it. Also have notice when traffic is particularly busy, i.e. during a Window 10 update on my laptop downloading for example, the Hub One Router does make a quite annoying low level 'sizzle' sound which stops when activity drops back - is that just 'normal' for these routers?

Finally while I'm here, when will the router firmware be updated (if it hasn't already been) to fix the recently disclosed security flaws in the WPA-2 encryption routines which currently renders the WPA-2  WiFi security obsolete?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear it's going well.

We've had a few reports of the buzzing noise on the hub one, however this seems more prominent when using the 5Ghz connection. It may be worth splitting of the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies and connect via the 2.4Ghz frequency to try and avoid this.

To change this, load a web page and go to 192.168.1.254

Select the tab for advanced settings and enter the admin password for your router.

Click the button to continue to advanced settings, select the Wireless tab, then the option for 5Ghz Wireless.

On this page, change Sync with 2.4Ghz to No.

After de-syncing this, simply alter the SSID to differentiate the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connections so you can chose which one to connect to with your wireless devices.

Finally, click apply to apply these settings.

I hope this helps.

In regards to the WPA2 query,

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Severe-flaw-in-WPA2-protocol-leaves-Wi-Fi-traffic-open-to/m-...
JonoH wrote:

We are aware that there are news reports across the internet this morning in relation to customers security over their wi-fi networks. Our security and engineering teams are currently looking into this.

We will be updating you all once the teams have completed their reviews and we know more about the situation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet