cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre + Phone order not completed.

1dognight
Dabbler

Fibre + Phone order not completed.

At the end of March I ordered the Plusnet offer of Fibre (+ free Extra) incl Home Phone (from ADSL Broadband only).

The FTTC basic Fibre part was completed promptly and works fine and the Fibre Extra part was added and confirmed on 14th April.

I have 2 issues now.....

1. No improvement of line speed has been noticed from the basic Fibre unlimited service and from the BT test facility shows the maximum upload speed would never be more than 24.12Bps anyway, this is far less than the proposed "Extra" speeds of up to 80Mbps.

2. The phone line transfer part of the order does not appear to have been completed yet and I am still receiving bills from my previous phone supplier.

Can someone please advise me where we are on these 2 points and If I need to do anything locally?

8 REPLIES 8
1dognight
Dabbler

No change in Fibre Speed since upgrade to Fibre Extra (FTTC)

I received an Email from Plusnet saying that the normal Fibre service was upgraded to Fibre Extra 80Mbps on 14th April 2020.

From a previous communication this was supposed to significantly increase the Download/upload speeds but to date, the download speed is never above 25Mbps (upload typically 7.69)  according to the BT test facility and that is what I was getting on the previous service.

The BT online advanced Performance test shows the maximum achievable download speed as 24.12Mbps with an acceptable range of speeds 16.89 - 24.12 Mbps.

Test was carried out on a wired PC connected to the Router..... is there something I need to do locally?

Not much point paying for the upgrade if the service is the same!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Fibre + Phone order not completed.

Moderators Note

Topics by same OP on same subject merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
1dognight
Dabbler

Good morning, The phone order was completed OK but the "Fibre Extra" speed situation has not changed since the original post back in May.

A performance test from BT Wholesale just now still shows the download speed at an even lower 20.89 Mbps and states that the acceptable range of speeds is 15.38 - 21.98 Mbps. 

Clearly the situation is still unresolved as the "Fibre extra" option declares that speeds of up to 80Mbps is acheivable?

This is dragging on a bit now can someone advise me what to do please.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Is you line capable of wprking at higher speeds?

Enter your phone number in the DSL checker and post the resuts minus the phone number https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Do you have a filtered master socket?

Have you tried the test socket?

1dognight
Dabbler

Thanks for that, See attached checker result

I dont have a filtered socket, its a standard 5C connected to the bt incomer copper cable, will that help it if I get it changed?

The router is connected to the master socket via a plug in filter which I have changed previously and the PC is hard wired from the router.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Well your line is capable to higher speeds but is running at 1/2 of what it should.

If you have extensions they are the likley cause of the slow speeds. In the early days of FTTC provision OR would fit a filtered master socket, but now they only do so after you have reported a fault.

1dognight
Dabbler

Thanks for that info, I have ordered a filtered master socket and will get that fitted.

If that does not improve it do I report the line speed as an external fault? 

1dognight
Dabbler

Ok so we now have the 5c Mk4 Frontplate and any redundant extension wiring/bell wires removed for over a week now and I can see a slight improvement.... re-did the checker test just now, see attached.