Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Order

dsmith1985
Dabbler

Fibre Order

Hello,

i ordered by Fibre broadband before i moved, i was with another provider before due to being on a private network. I had been looking forward to coming back to plusnet but its been nothing but a hassle since day 1. Of which i had to spell my address including 'CLOSE' as i quoted my address over the phone which i cant believe.

I had my first conversation with my new neighbor regarding, that her internet had gone off the day mine was supposed to be installed. 2 + 2.....

I had not received by router because it couldn't go through the postbox therefore i had to collect it from the post office, yet they boast it can. I checked my phone line, did not work.

Therefore i phoned up ' new customer ' line because it says wait time 50 mins every evening i have attempted to call. The gentleman i spoke to said i see whats happens here it looks like you have 2 addresses on your account. I was then forwarded onto the new installation team to sort. No time was stated how long i was to wait. 1 hour later i spoke to someone and sorted it with £75 reimbursement for the hassle and said the fibre should be up and running 3-5 days. 

I receive a text message saying internet will be up and running on the 19th of Dec.That's 2 weeks on top of the already massive hassle i have had to sort this. On top of my first introduction to my neighbors and there rather large family of 6 children now with no internet either.

This has been nothing but a shambles.

I am on the phone at work 'waiting' again no idea how long i will wait. No que time stated. Myself or my wife can't afford no internet for any longer as we both use it for business use and the location doesn't provide good network coverage for our mobiles.

I am not happy with another 2 week wait on what was your mistake to begin with.

Please advise & escalate! 

Kind Regards,

David.

PS my username is now [Removed] due to having to process a new account last night. 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed account name as it’s a public forum

19 REPLIES 19
dsmith1985
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Order

I managed to get through and they are processing an urgent restoration with BT openreach due to apparently there being an open line my address address. Even though i know the previous service got cancelled on 30/11.

The guy i spoke to said he will update me tomorrow at 1pm.

Kind Regards,

David.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry to see there has been problems with the orders to provide you service.

We placed an order to re-provide the phone line, which has completed, however there is still a marker on the line advising fibre is already active despite there being no broadband service on the line currently.

Our suppliers have responded to the TAGs query my colleague raised earlier today and they have advised that they are working on resolving this issue to allow us to place an order.
We have been advised by our suppliers that they expect to resolve the TAGs issue within the next 3 working days.

Moving forward I will continue to monitor this for you and let you know as soon as we're able to place a broadband order for you.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dsmith1985
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

Thank you for keeping me up to date, i appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

David

dsmith1985
Dabbler

Hello Harry,

I have been waiting for the phone call at 1pm today from your colleague [CSA Removed] and the phone has not yet ring. Providing he has my mobile number as i am not at home.

Could you please provide an update. Ref Question 185278893.

Kind Regards,

David Smith 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dsmith1985

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry to hear that you were waiting for your call back yesterday.

I have checked your account and I have now been able to place your order, I have updated the ticket on your account here. We will keep you informed on the progress on this ticket.

Should you need any further help please let us know.

dsmith1985
Dabbler

Hi Warwick,

Thank you for the response and placing the order.

Unfortunately this is another possible day delay on my order because of poor service.

Becoming a little restless of this standard that has been set and continues.

Regards
David
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @dsmith1985,

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

After looking into your account, I can see that you've spoke with someone this morning regarding your query. You can view the details here

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

dsmith1985
Dabbler

Hello,

Still not happy with the lead time of 19/12/18 when my original order was within a week.

I was told on my first account I was going to receive £75 for the mess ups caused and first month free. Could I confirm this please as I can't see the £75 in my emails.

I am now looking to get a single in the meantime as a short term solution but I am short on funds moving house and Christmas etc.

Regards
David
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @dsmith1985

I am deeply sorry to hear you have not received an email in regards to your cashback.

I have looked into your account and responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Kind regards.

dsmith1985
Dabbler

Good Evening,

Can i please have an update on my order i was told on the phone it would be the 19th yet it says on my account its the 20th.

Also slightly worried that i have received an email from yourselves saying the below. Which i assume is linked to my old account which was cancelled in order to solve the issue of wrong address... Should this old account be closed!?

"When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed range. Now that your broadband has been up and running for 14 days, we wanted to let you know your line speed as it stands today, as a comparison."

Kind Regards,

David.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @dsmith1985 I have provided you with an update on your orders here

In relation to your old account this has now been cancelled but for some reason the systems are still generating messages. I have raised this internally so this can be looked into.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

dsmith1985
Dabbler

The Saga Continues,

Still not setup after being on the phone for an hour. Broadband router was saying incorrect password as per Red light.

I have 2 brand new Plusnet Hub One Sagemcom routers

i have tested both.

Reset Button pressed (30secs) using the pin option at the back and left for 5 mins.

Both also manually entered username and password as per dsmith85 account info.

I am connected to the master socket in the house with a new micro filter.

He came to the conclusion i need an engineer to visit which is planned on the 21st morning of which is not ideal as family visits are required at this time of the year. Please could someone check my account to make sure nothing has been missed as i can't imagine there is anything wrong my end.

Info asked by tech support, not sure if u need the mac details. This is the detail of the router currently connected.

Serial Number - +081441+NQ83931294

MAC - E8ADA6D94F84

Kind Regards,

David Smith

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just had a look into this, the router details match what's on the account so I'm unsure why that's not connecting. 

Before tomorrow's engineer visit it would be well worth manually making sure that the router is configured with the right login details:

1. Load a web page and go to 192.168.1.254
2. Click the settings tab.
3. Enter the router admin details (Printed on the card/bottom of the router)
4. Select the broadband tab at the top of the settings page.
5. Click disconnect.
6. Enter your router auth details (your username@plusdsl.net and your account password)
7. Click connect. 

Let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dsmith1985
Dabbler

Hi Adam, 

I have done this with both routers as stated above, unless my password does not match my account it definitely doesn't connect. If i changed my account password via account portal how quickly would it change on my router? 

i will try again this evening as i am at work.

Kind Regards,

David.