Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Order - No Activation Date, Order Stuck

edelweiss7
Hooked

Fibre Order - No Activation Date, Order Stuck

Hi

I put an order for Unlimited Fibre Extra on 21/09/2021. It is now 08/10/2021 and the orders appear to be stuck on the 'Checking your line' step. I haven't received any updates or an expected activation date despite it now being over 12 working days from the day on which the order was placed.

I was wondering if there was maybe some sort of issue with the order and if someone could look into this further?

Kind Regards

Patryk

9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fibre Order - No Activation Date, Order Stuck

Hello @edelweiss7

Thanks a lot for reaching out. If you log onto your Member Centre, you'll likely find an open Ticket that explains why no orders have been placed yet.

The current providers placed a cease order on the line for 11/12/2021. As this was placed prior to the account being created on our end, we can't touch the line now until the order to cease the line has completed.

I'd recommend contacting the current providers to get the cease on the line removed so that we can get ours placed. Smiley

Give us a shout on here once you've managed to get the cease order removed and we'll get the orders placed.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
edelweiss7
Hooked

Hey @adam945 

Thank you very much for the update, this certainly explains things. I will let you know once I've had the cease order removed.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff @edelweiss7

Once you have, also let me know the date that you'd want us to take over the line. We wouldn't want to take it over too early otherwise you might incur Early Termination Fees with your current provider if you're still in contract. Smiley

Adam
edelweiss7
Hooked

Hi @adam945, the previous Sky contract for this property was in the previous tenant's name. I have gotten in touch with the previous tenant and she's adamant that she has already cancelled her contract with Sky weeks ago. Therefore I do not understand as to why the cease order isn't due to complete until all the way in December according to yourself?

Furthermore, I have also phoned up Sky as advised who told me that seeing as the last contract for this property was in the previous tenant's name, then there's nothing they can do regarding removing the cease order or bringing it forward. Surely waiting 3 months before being able to take out a new broadband contract is not the norm?

This is obviously not an ideal situation as I am working from home and simply cannot afford to be without broadband for another 3 months. Is there nothing you can do to sort this out between Plusnet and Sky? Starting to think it might be more beneficial and quicker for me to simply cancel the unfulfilled contract with Plusnet and go for a provider who doesn't rely on the Openreach network unfortunately.

Please let me know if there's anything else you could do here or if there's anyone else that I should get in touch with? Thanks.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your response @edelweiss7

The previous occupant would need to contact Sky and ask them to remove the pending cease order on the line. Regardless of any sort of contractual issues they might have with Sky, they ought to adhere to the previous occupant's request. I'll pop a screenshot below which shows the pending cease order on the line in case they try disputing this.

They wouldn't need to bring it forward, it just needs removing.

As it's not our line at the moment, there's really very little we can do, and have no influence over any orders placed by the current CP. Capture.PNG

Adam
edelweiss7
Hooked

Hey @adam945, thanks for the quick response.

I notice that your screenshot has a 2020 date instead of 2021 so this doesn't look like a current cease order?

Can you clarify this?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies @edelweiss7

Nonetheless, it'd still get in the way of any orders placed by ourselves to try and use it.

We could go down the route of placing a New Line Installation order, however there are no "spare pairs" to use at the cabinet, which could prolong the orders, and an internal engineer appointment may be required later down the line. Would you like to go ahead with that?

Adam
edelweiss7
Hooked

Hi @adam945 

No thanks, I can't deal with any further delays here.

Thanks for all your help but I'll be cancelling the contract instead taking into account that I wasn't informed about any delays with the broadband setup until I chased up over 12 days later and that there is no solid resolution date in sight.

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that @edelweiss7

There have clearly been some shortfalls on our end here, ideally, our provisioning team would have been in touch sooner to inform you that the orders could not be placed. Our automated system let us down though by not placing the open ticket into the correct workflow.

Just bare in mind when choosing a new provider, that those whom use the Openreach network will encounter the same issue, so installing a new line would be the best way forward here, or going somewhere like Virgin Media who have their own cables.

Adam