cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Order Failed

petetrimby

Fibre Order Failed

Hi,

I've placed an order to switch from TalkTalk to Plusnet. I received notification from my old supplier that the switch over date would be 05/12. 

I've since received a notification stating that my fibre order had failed, and there was a comment on the email/help message stating that there is no phone line at my address. This is ridiculous. I've had a working phone line for the last 6 years.

Consequently I've spoken to a chat agent who said she can see the order had failed, and will re-order for me. That has now pushed the activation date out nearly 2 weeks. And whats more, would have been even longer if I hadn't enquired. 

The explanation was that sometimes orders fail due to high volumes. Didn't seem to have any explanation as to why BT think there isn't a phone installed at the address I've been in for the last 6 years. 

Is anyone able to shed any light on why this has happened? Out of curiosity I checked http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ , that state that there is no data available for my home phone number......that's been in service for the last 6 years?? 

10 REPLIES 10
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre Order Failed

Many thanks for contacting us on the forums @petetrimby.

I'm sorry to hear that the initial order failed. Whilst the explanation you have been given seems to be a plausible answer, it's not really the answer I would have provided. Fibre orders can fail for a multitude of reasons including some of the following:

1. The fibre cabinet is full to capacity and is temporarily unavailable for new orders until capacity is increased.

2. The line which the service is provided to is stopped or ceased by the existing provider. All our orders are placed on active lines so a cease or stop order on the line will cause a fibre order failure.

3. A code known as a SIM Code which is used to connect phone and broadband orders to complete on the same day, fails. This is something that conceivably does happen.

I can also see the new order which was done as a replacement is just for phone only, which would lead to a lengthy delay for broadband activation. Providing you agree, I can arrange for that to be cancelled down and replaced correctly as a new simultaneous phone and broadband order.

Apologies that you initial experience has not been positive, which is not what I want to see. Hopefully, this can be remedied and your service is activated very shortly.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Can't comment on why the order failed, but talktalk number often don't work with DSL checker as talktalk use there own equipment at the exchange while Plusnet and BT use BT Equipment.

James

EDIT:: Plusnet Staff response addresess issue more directly.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that reminder @geek26

Yes you will find the DSL Checker does not work with a Talk Talk number as it only recognises BT network numbers such as ours, and Talk Talk sadly use their network which is a variation of it.

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
petetrimby

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply and explanation. If you could please arrange for that order to be cancelled and the fibre included in the new one. Otherwise that would be another weeks wait on top of the phone order. But based on your reasons for failures, there is no guarantee that the next order won't fail either. 

Cheers,

Pete

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I appreciate your quick response @petetrimby.

Therefore I have cancelled down the single order for the phone service and once it shows as cancelled, I will ensure it is replaced. The same failure messages could happen again Pete but I want to look positively at this rate and have my proverbial fingers crossed that the initial failed order is just a one off.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
petetrimby

In which case I'll remain optimistic and keep mine crossed too Smiley 

Thanks for your help with this, I'll keep an eye on my order status. 

Cheers,

Pete

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Further to my earlier message @petetrimby

I've got the orders replaced just now, and should be in a position to confirm your completion date within the next 48 working hours. As it is for fibre broadband, it is determined to as and when a fibre engineer can be assigned in your area to complete the work and the order as a result.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello again Pete.

I've checked the replacement orders I placed yesterday for you. Both phone service and fibre broadband are committed to complete on the same day, this being 21/12/2016. Sorry I couldn't get this any earlier. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
petetrimby

Hi Mark,

That's great. Thanks for the update, and thanks for overseeing this.

Cheers,

Pete

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No problems Pete and just get in touch if you need any further assistance and we'll be more than happy to help