cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

FIXED
floorswine

Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

Hi, I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra over a week ago, and my internet speed increased on Friday. However, I still haven't received the new router I ordered. Any idea where it's got to?? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Fibre Optic Upgrade - No New Router?

floorswine

Any idea how long this typically takes? I'm paying for service I can't even access.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

@floorswine wrote:

Any idea how long this typically takes?

You're still connected on your ADSL service. The fibre order hasn't yet completed, this is due for the 28th Oct. Please ignore the email you've got advising this has completed. I'll also go and add a discount to your account to cover the period you've paid for where the service hasn't upgraded.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Chris wrote:

You're still connected on your ADSL service. The fibre order hasn't yet completed, this is due for the 28th Oct. Please ignore the email you've got advising this has completed.

@Chris  Why hasn't this farcical situation with automation been addressed yet - it's been causing great confusion and frustration to customers for many months?  Add to this the additional work that support staff have to repeatedly perform must surely get it close to the top of the 'Action' list.

Assuming of course that PN still maintain such a list of technical change requirements.Funny

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

It's a frustration for me too, it's something I'm pushing but I'm not committing to any dates or timescales for it.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Boutrosmeister

Hi. Jumping in on this thread because the same's happened to me. Any idea when the router will arrive and service get switched over? Thanks in advance.

Chris
Legend

Your order is due for the 31st October, the router is on the way.

Boutrosmeister

Thanks for the update!