cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

morleyblain

Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

Can anyone help or advise? An engineer was due to carry out our broadband installation between 8am and 1pm today. It is now after 3pm and noone has turned up, no phone calls or emails. I have been trying to ring the Plusnet team but was on hold for 45 minutes before giving up and dialling off to call again, i have been on hold a further 10 minutes so far.

I am fuming as my partner took the morning off for the installation and I had to come home from work as he had a meeting this afternoon.

Is there anyone from Plusnet who can advise what is going on? I am minded to cancel the whole thing and go back to our old provider or look for a new one.

Not a good start Plusnet! 😞

7 REPLIES 7
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

Hi @morleyblain ,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with your order journey today.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@morleyblain 

It's possible no home visit was required. Often it's simply a change at the cabinet or Exchange is all that's required.

Put your phone number in the following and see if there's any narrative about an "Open Order"

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Finally, the order may have completed. Have you tried plugging in your PlusNet router.

Brian

Edit : So a staff member beat me to it!!!

morleyblain

Hi Brian

thanks for your message and i thought this might be the case as we got an email last night stating the phone line is live, the only problem is we don't have a phone point to connect the phone or broadband to as we have been with Virgin before! Or do i try to connect to the virgin broadband point?... Our contract with virgin only stops next week so i wouldn't have thought this was possible...

Catherine

bmc
Hero

@morleyblain 

Have you looked at what is on the "ticket" mentioned in the staff post. You need to Login to your PlusNet Member's page and then click on the link given (or use "View My Questions")

If your account is live it's simply a case of plugging in the PlusNet supplied router and it'll automatically connection (famous last words!!!).

Brian

morleyblain

Thanks Brian. Finally got through to someone at Plusnet and the Virgin socket we have does not work for Plusnet so an engineer is coming back next week! 

I feel that Plusnet should make it clear to customers if an engineer will not turn up which would have saved me a wasted day...

Thanks for your help anyway.

Catherine

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @morleyblain,

Thank you for getting back in touch and I am so sorry to hear that you have not been able to find a BT socket in your property, if not used for years they can end up being in all manner of unusual places like cupboards, lofts or even behind walls if the property is remodeled. I am sorry that you have spent time waiting in for an engineer, we do advise that there must be someone at the property as the engineer may require access to complete the activation although this is not guaranteed.

It is worth noting that the engineer would send a signal to the property once completing his work externally, should there be no completed test then he would attend to try and ensure you are not left in this position. I would suggest to have a final search to see if a socket can be found prior to an engineer visiting as if they find the socket to be in a suitable location this may result in a charge for the visit, which we do not want for you.

If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch.

bmc
Hero

@morleyblain 

Apart from checking every nook and cranny including cupboards for a phone socket ask any neighbours who have a similar property if they have a phone line (and where the socket is!!!).

Brian