cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Upgrade beyond activation date

robstapleton

Fibre Extra Upgrade beyond activation date

I have upgraded to Fibre Extra and the activation date was meant to be 4th April but it hasn't happened yet. It seems I'm totally unable to contact you in any way so I'd just like to know what is going on and when I am going to get the service I have ordered?

3 REPLIES 3
bigshineybike
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Extra Upgrade beyond activation date

I have soething very similar. My BroadBand is working ok but with corona Virus we now have two people working from home and two self entertaining. I ticked a box to upgrade to unlimited fibre extra guaranteed   48MB . I was almost immediatley sent an email saying I'd be fixed up by the next day 3rd April

Nothing seems to have happened although my speeds are slightly lower (dropped from 12 mbts to around 8). I checked my online account and found this in a message box;

[internal note]
A modify order on this account was unsuccessful.
The reason given was "Self install is not a modifiable parameter.".
Modify order type:
An attempted move from ADSL 1 on WBC to ADSL2+An attempt to change the upstream capping
Please check why the order has been rejected and contact the customer.

And thats been it for now. Any one in communications industry at the moment is a KEY worker. I thinks its another urgent matter that the governent should look at . I can hear Plusnets reasonable excuses but I need to be able to talk to someone or email them to find out what is needed next. If Plus net cannot help I need to look elsewhere.

Im considering one of these dongles?

bigshineybike
Dabbler

I eventually got through. Good result. 

bigshineybike
Dabbler

Sadly I now feel I was fobbed off. 

I have been promised twice now that we would have the upgrade by midnight. Each time it buys you all another 24 hours. its been a week since we asked for the adjustment to our service. Wouldnt have felt so agreived if plusnet simply said they couldnt do it.

the frustrating this is the way we have to deal with customer service. its all so very disjointed an email sytem would work so much easier.

so many players using this cov19 to develop communications platforms, even at work  I am now doing email, Zoom, teams and phone. its all so disjointed and frustrating especially now the house is full of other people homeworking.

I need to start planning for the next apocolypse and it doesnt feel like I want to be with Plusnet for the next one.