cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Due to go live 31st December 2018 - Can I get fibre extra ?

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Fibre Due to go live 31st December 2018 - Can I get fibre extra ?

Long story short after waiting over a month for fibre broadband I managed to get an order placed which is due to complete tomorrow 31/12/18.  I am just wondering if I will be able to get fibre extra in my area and if so what speed is available and at what price ?  A contract price has not been discussed because my fibre order had to be manually placed due to several mistakes by Plusnet. I would appreciate it if someone from Plusnet could comment on this thread.  I really hope my fibre order will go live tomorrow as I have read several horror stories on the forum today. DSL Checker is showing as waiting list but also states there is an order due to complete tomorrow.  Has anyone had any similar problems ? Id like to speak to someone

19 REPLIES 19
paulwillis1980
Grafter

Re: Fibre Due to go live 31st December 2018 - Can I get fibre extra ?

DSL Checker WAS showing as my order was due to complete tomorrow 31/12/18 but now my phone number is no longer bringing up any data. It says it is not a BT number and no data is available. Am I right to be worried ?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @paulwillis1980,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked your details and all appears to be progressing in order as previously advised. There's no cause for concern, we'll be in touch once your order completes later today.

I would disregard the information about your telephone number on the DSL checker as your order is imminent so the site may have been updating over the weekend.

If you would like to change to Fibre Extra after the order has completed do come back to us.

Thanks - LF

paulwillis1980
Grafter

It appears you were correct about the dsl checker website as it is now back to stating that my order will complete today. However with all of the problems I have had with Plusnet thus far regarding my fibre order I am very skeptical whether or not my fibre upgrade will take place.

Openreach won't even talk to me regarding the matter as you are the service provider. I really need to get off of ADSL as it is not fit for purpose. 5mb is just too slow for me to work with, I can't download my Xbox One or PS4 updates as it takes far too long. Would appreciate any updates. Its already 3pm and no fibre !!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @paulwillis1980,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked your order and have sent an update here.

If you would like to change to Fibre Extra after the order has completed contact our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Call wait times to this department are minimal, although this may change at peak times.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

paulwillis1980
Grafter

I have responded to the ticket. Looks like the fibre upgrade has already completed. Im getting 37mb which is perfect. Just wondered how much faster fibre extra would be. I need someone to call me to discuss options.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

You should be able to achieve of speeds of up to 48.4mbps with fibre extra.

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead and I'll place an order to modify your service.

We'll call you to sort out your account package when we can. At the moment we still can't make any product changes on your account as your billing date is in the past and things are pending on the back-end systems.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

I will take the fibre extra as its an extra 10MB. We may as well have the fastest speed possible for our line. Please proceed with the faster speeds order.  It won't disrupt our internet will it ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Once the fibre order has completed we'll modify your service to fibre extra.

It won't affect your existing service and should take 1 working day to go through.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

My fibre is already activated. I am getting 37mb. I may as well have the extra speed will help with downloading of xbox one games etc

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

While I understand this unfortunately the order isn't completed on the Openreach and BT systems so we can't make any changes to the asset until this has been completed. We'll continue to monitor this and place the order when we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

Any idea when I will be moving to Fibre Extra please ? I have been on standard fibre for three full days now and no one has contacted regarding upgrading me to fibre extra. Any help please

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see the order to move you to 80/20 completed on the 01/01/2019 though our tests are showing your line to be banded at the old rate so I've asked a colleague to add your account to the remote DLM reset tracker for your line to be reset. Due to this process being a trial I'd allow around a week to see a change. Let us know how your speeds look this time next week.

Regarding your account details unfortunately at the moment, it isn't showing in the billing engine, so we can't make any changes to it I'm afraid. We're monitoring this for you and we'll contact you when we're able to move your account to the appropriate package. 

Thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis1980
Grafter

My speed had increased to 42mb after the dlm reprofile you had put through, however since then the speed has dropped back down to 37mb, can you check to see what is going on with my speeds. Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @paulwillis1980

Thanks for coming back to us.

Looking at the timescales advised by @Gandalf for the profile reset, I'd suggest waiting a little longer for any meaningful change to your speeds.

@Gandalf - could you please confirm that the profile reset went ahead as per your OP?

Thanks

Dave