cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband order status?

peterdean
Dabbler

Fibre Broadband order status?

I have recently ordered an upgrade to my package to Unlimited Fibre Broadband. I received an email on Wednesday the 27th July to say that "Your broadband product change is now complete". However, there is no sign of the PlusNet hub and the account details show it as "The order has not yet been placed"

I would therefore be interested to know what the current status of the upgrade actually is.

Thank you

Peter Dean

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre Broadband order status?

I'm just looking into this for you.

[edit]

It looks like the account change was premature as your upgrade isn't due to complete till the 8th of August.

You should have the Hub in the next few days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
peterdean
Dabbler

Thanks for the update - I received my router. Based on your last reply I assume I will be able to switch out my old router/modem and install the PlusNet Hub on the 8th August. Is that correct? How will I know for sure that the upgrade is complete, will my old ADSL router/modem simply stop working?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@peterdean

The Hub One can handle ADSL as well as FTTC lines so you can swap to it whenever you wish. When the engineer switches you from ADSL to FTTC, the Hub One will just disconnect from the ADSL and then connect to FTTC.

If you don't wish to swap early, then the current modem/router will stop working when you are switched as the line can only be ADSL or FTTC not both.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT