Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation

kmoffat76
Hooked

Fibre Activation

Hi There,

Your webchat is down, facebook messages aren't being picked up & nobody is answering the phone after 30minutes, so I've resorted to this. My fibre activation date was yesterday, my order tracker says i'm ready to go but when i set-up my router and connected last night i was getting exactly the same speeds as on normal broadband 16meg down , 1 up. Can anybody tell me if I'm actually activated or not, please? I got no contact from either BT or yourselves to say it's active other than an email at 1am on the day of installation saying "your broadband product change is now complete"? Please help

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre Activation

@kmoffat76

Welcome to the forums.

While you wait for a member of staff to confirm, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Also the product changed email really refers to your account settings not the actual service. So they can be sent out early, in some cases weeks earlier than the actual change to physical services.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
kmoffat76
Hooked

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed they get it connected in the next few days.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @kmoffat76

Please accept my apologies for the issue with providing you a Fibre service.

I'm afraid the order has not yet completed. I have created a ticket on your account with regards to the order which you can access here.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
kmoffat76
Hooked

Appreciate the update. I know you guys are having issues down there, so thanks for keeping me up to date.