Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation date has passed and there's still no connection

FIXED
prototype89

Fibre Activation date has passed and there's still no connection

Hi,

I've come over from Sky and their serviced ceased at 12:05am on the day of the supposed Plusnet activation date (22nd June) and despite being told there would be minimal downtime it's now the next day and I have no broadband.

I've made three calls throughout the day to confirm the activation date was indeed today and have been told that it definitely will be but nope, no broadband nothing.

This is a terrible first impression from Plusnet.

What is happening? If there is a problem can Plusnet actually let me know so I can revert back to Sky!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre Activation date has passed and there's still no connection

Fix

Hi there.

From what I can see your order completed just after midnight last night. Apologies for the downtime you've experienced. As we were taking over a line from a provider using a different network, it required work to be done at the exchange including the order to be completed on several systems.

Everything working now as you'd expect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
prototype89

Thanks for your speedy response. Yes it came online at a little after midnight.

Just wanted to add that I was hoping to use the Plusnet Hub as the modem and my own router as the access point and a member of the technical support team, a guy called [CSA Removed], literally spent two hours on the phone helping me configure it - simply brilliant service.

Happy so far..

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm really happy to hear that, thanks for posting back to let us know.

I've made sure this is passed onto the adviser now and their line manager for recognition.

Let us know if you have any further issues or queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet