Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation Delay

AlanG17
Hooked

Fibre Activation Delay

Hi

I'm looking to find answers as to why I'm still with my old supplier ( JLBB ) instead of PN. I signed up with PN online on the 23/12/19, completed all the relevent stuff and paid with credit card, and given an activation date of 09/01/20. 

Two days before activation ( 07/01/20). I recieved a phone call saying that due to a internal software issue which could not be fixed, PN were unable to process my order and I would have to complete the signing up proces again....eg..new username, password, bank details. This wasn't a problem. so a really helpful staff member set everything up and was given another activation for the 22/01/20 and not the 09/01/20. which was a little dissapointing but errors do happen. I have been chacking my broadband status order in my account. but nothing had changed for weeks, nor any updates via email or text on how my status was progressing. I checked online with BT DSL checker several times last week and my phone number was due to be migrated over on 22/01/20. Today this has now dissapeared, so guessing migration has happened ....or has it.?

So nothing happened yesterday ( 22/01/20..activation date ) and now none the wiser as to whats going on. Is this something that happens all the time with new customers and I have to wait a little longer or is this an isolated case? but I would love to know what the hold up is if a member of staff is available. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Fibre Activation Delay

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@AlanG17   Welcome to the forum.

As you have changed from JL to Plusnet it's possible due to JL being run by Plusnet that you have changed over but your JL account is still open. I have seen this happen before. Try plugging your Plusnet router in, chances are that it will connect to your new Plusnet service. If this is the case you will not be charged for both accounts being active.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AlanG17
Hooked

Thanks for the reply...unfortunally the plusnet hub wouldn't connect..still on JLBB...it was worth the try though.

AlanG17
Hooked

I'm now online....although my download and upload speed is exactly the same as I was getting with ADSL ( 9mb download) . Will this improve over the next 24hrs.

AlanG17
Hooked

Help please...How can you tell if you are on VDSL and not ADSL...I'm using the PN Hub but can;t find out where to find this out. I have my own router that does both ADSL/VDSL and tried this. it only connects via ADSL and not VDSL...Confused?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Alan, I'm sorry to see the issues we've had with your order. Unfortunately due to agent error we didn't upgrade your broadband service to fibre upon completion of the transfer of your phone line to us.

I've placed an order with our suppliers to upgrade you to fibre and I'll confirm the date this will happen soon. Apologies for the hassle we've caused and this hasn't been a smooth switchover. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AlanG17
Hooked

Hi Gandalf...Thanks for checking and actioning the problem...I thought I was going crazy ...keep up the good work.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Alan, cheers no problem. Hopefully you're not waiting much longer for fibre.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet