Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber order delay / confusion

paul_war
Hooked

Fiber order delay / confusion

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can help clarify the status of my order. 

Basically on 1st August I called to notify of a house move and upgrade my service to fiber. After many emails and hours on the phone I'm still not connected and have two conflicting accounts of when I will be. One open question says I should be connected now (I'm not), the other says it won't be active until the 9th October, almost 2 1/2 months since originally calling up, which is far too long. Especially as I've taken time off work for this to wait in for an engineer who cancelled and was never going to turn up but Plusnet failed to inform me (Engineer finally visited on Monday)

Please can I have some clarity on when I will be connected, and I really don't think October is acceptable. 

Thanks,

Paul

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fiber order delay / confusion

Hi Paul.

Sorry about the delay with your order and the lack of communication.

When we place fibre orders we requested the earliest available date. Unfortunately, the 9th October is the earliest because of engineer availability. Sad

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paul_war
Hooked

Well that's disappointing.

Are you able to activate standard broadband whilst we wait for the engineer? The previous occupants had that and it would be better than no internet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'd need to cancel the fibre order which can take 24 hours then replace it as a broadband order.

Let us know if you'd like to go ahead by replying to this ticket

Also drop me a reply back here too and I'll get it sorted Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paul_war
Hooked

Hi, 

Thanks for the response.

What I'm really after is some form of internet, as having none for over two months will be really inconvenient. Basically I can see I've two options:

1) Wait for the fiber order to complete on 9th October with no internet access until then

2) Cancel the fiber order and have a standard broadband order

With option 2, how long will it take for the standard broadband order to activate and will I then be able to set up a fiber order with the same terms and conditions as in the original order? 

Thanks,

Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

With option 2, how long will it take for the standard broadband order to activate

It'd take 4 working days. We'd need to wait until the fibre order is cancelled, which usually takes 1 working day.

will I then be able to set up a fiber order with the same terms and conditions as in the original order? 

In short, yep.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paul_war
Hooked

Hi,

Our order is due to go live today, but so far there is still no internet connection. We've waited sooo long and just want to know whether it will actually happen today or not?
paul_war
Hooked

Hi again,

Just to confirm it's finally gone active!

Just for info I've posted in my open question about a refund of direct debits paid for the last three months where we've had no service and an equivalent extension of the line rental saver by the same amount, I assume this is fair.

Thanks,
Paul
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear you're now online at the new address.

Now the orders have completed, we'll issue a refund for downtime during the housemove as part of updating the account details and closing off the housemove ticket.

This should be carried out shortly, thanks for your patience Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet