cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Orders

Symbolism
Dabbler

Failed Orders

Can someone please explain to be how my existing supplier get notified that plus.nets orders have failed.

it appears sky have ignored the order failures and cut off both phone and broadband

I have now had my phone line ceased, as my line has been ceased it looks like i have lost my existing telephone number, and now sky have ceased my broadband.

Without a telephone or broadband it is now virtually impossible to contact sky or plus.net to deal with thsi problem

5 REPLIES 5
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Failed Orders

What should happen is that Plusnet inform Sky of the switch and they should sit tight until the Plusnet line take over order completes, which in itself terminates the Sky service.

I've come across anecdotal evidence on this and other forum's that Sky sometimes incorrectly raise cease orders which makes the Plusnet order fail. The effect of the cease order is to send and engineer to your exchange to remove your connection to the Sky network leaving you without phone or internet. It also stops Plusnet from raising new orders until the cease order has completed.
The good news is that if the cease order has completed then Plusnet can raise the new orders. The bad news is that the new order is subject to the standard lead times and engineer availability, so it will probably be 2-3 weeks before you're back online.
This situation can also occur if you contact Sky to cancel as this will always result in a cease order, I've also seen anecdotal evidence of this happening where this isn't the case.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sky should not be placing any cease requests at all. When a new provider is taking over a line, they place the transfer order and the old provider is notified of this. They don't need to do anything and if they do actually cease the service, this will cause our orders to fail.

I can see one of my colleagues has this in hand and has agreed a way forward on this to get you online asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Symbolism
Dabbler

According to sky they did not put any cease requests. The cause of all my problems is that the plus.net orders failed. Sky acknowledge this and these orders were cancelled. But plus.net failed to cancel the request to transfer my number to them. So sky complied with this order. Do this caused my phone to stop working as obviously line held by sky phone number with plus.net. and as I had no phone this caused my broadband to stop
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Chris, correct me if I'm wrong here, but for a straightforward like for like migration Plusnet would raise a working line take over order which instructs Openreach to move the line from Sky's equipment back onto the Openreach network. Plusnet would not ask for the existing service to be ceased as this would be counterproductive to the working line takeover. If the working line takeover failed, then the line should remain on the Sky network until the order was replaced.

There are quite a number of other transfer in's from Sky on this forum where the Plusnet order has been cancelled and the line has been ceased.

See here for some recent examples on other forums where this has happened: 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Switching-service-cancelled-order/td-p/1627418

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Sky-stealing-line-with-cease-order/td-p/2688374

I'm glad that Plusnet have a way forward for the OP and hope that they get back on line soon.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/My-Order-all-gone-wrong-no-phone-for-14-days/td-p/1466361

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine