Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Order

FIXED
frvknight

Failed Order

Hi

I need some help and am hoping one of the Plusnet staff pick this up also.

Last night I went through the process of ordering a new fibre extra package with phone line. I entered all the payment details including credit card information for the line rental saver and direct debit.

When I got to the last page and submitted the order I was given a message "Something has gone wrong". It suggested to refresh the page which I did but this didnt solve anything. It looked to me the order had not gone through.However there was a pending charge of £217.88 showing against my credit card.I received no email confirmation to confirm the order etc

I contacted Customer Services and after 40mins on hold got through to someone to whom I explained the situation. She said she could not find my username or account details. She would back on Weds morning.

I am now really nervous as am stuck in limbo. I do not know where I a stand.

Could someone please assist and advise what has happened? If the order doesnt exist why has my credit card been charged?

4 REPLIES 4
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Failed Order

I'd suggest that you contact your Credit Card company and have the transaction voided until Plusnet give some rational response to the problem.  There have been a number of teething problems with the new billing system which are still awaiting resolution.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear the signup process failed, but money is showing as pending on your card.

It's more than likely that this charge will be released by your bank in due course(Usually 3-5 working days).

Unfortunately if the signup journey didn't complete and no account has been created on our side then there's not much we can do to influence/speed up getting the funds released.

Once they are released(Or before) if you're still wanting to signup through feel free to send me a private message with your contact number and the best time for a call and I'll be happy to arrange a call back for you from our sales team.

Apologies for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

It would also help @Gandalf if you could advise him of the account name you chose and the phone line number you tried to sign-up against.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

frvknight

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies. I managed to get the charge reversed with my credit card company.