Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP upgrade and member centre account

onionfx
Dabbler

FTTP upgrade and member centre account

Hi,

I'm expecting an FTTP upgrade next week and my PSTN line is being removed from service at the same time.

I'm getting comms from Plusnet about the PSTN cease which also make reference to Plusnet Webmail etc being removed.

Will I retain my member centre account and all the email addresses associated with it etc?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP upgrade and member centre account

@onionfx 

While you lose your phone number I've not heard anything yet about losing e-mails accounts.

You would not get e-mail as a new customer and e-mail only accounts for departing customers have been withdrawn.

You'll need to wait for a staff member to come along and clarify things for you (they're apparently very busy at the moment).

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@onionfx  I'm with @bmc  here, AFAIK you should retain your account and email. If there's no staff response by tomorrow then I'd suggest calling customer services to get some confirmation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yeah just to confirm if you upgrade to FTTP with us then you can keep your existing account and email addresses. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet