cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP operational: can I port my number immediately?

cabbage

FTTP operational: can I port my number immediately?

I had the Openreach visit this morning for FTTP, it is active and I'm now using it successfully. I haven't had a formal email or text from PN to say the upgrade is complete and indeed there's still dialtone on the phone line.

If I start a port out request for the landline number now, is that likely to interfere with the FTTP status? Now that it has been installed am I safe to do something that might jeopardise the FTTC and landline contract (I realise the port might not be instant so I am perhaps worrying about nothing?)

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: FTTP operational: can I port my number immediately?

I would definitely start it as it will take some time for the port to complete and the number will only be quarantined for 30 days.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jorvik
Grafter

@cabbage out of interest which VoIP provider are you intending to port your number over to?

Also, I'm interested to hear of other people's experiences of porting a ceased landline number that's in the quarantine period, given the whole quarantinied number process is pretty new.

robbo6
Dabbler

Initially we decided that we didn’t need the landline but we chickened out after a week, as phone was needed to authenticate a transaction.  Based on others comments, I used A&A & simply applied on line to open an account & transfer the number. Paid the transfer fee by bank transfer, which immediately acknowledged as pasty of the registration process. On the 2nd working day they confirmed number would transfer, which would complete a week later.   All up & running on promised date.  At no point did I need to contact A&A.  Monthly cost of £1.44 is great & calls are cheap too, although will be using mobile for most outgoing calls. I bought a yealink W52P on eBay, which once reset to factory settings connected easily.  Really couldn’t have gone better, although I wasn’t in a hurry.