cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Ordered and VoIP port started - have I jumped the gun??

teamdb
Grafter

FTTP Ordered and VoIP port started - have I jumped the gun??

Having gone through the options via phone with 'Memsy' (sp)?? who advised to start the VoIP port with an alternative provider ahead of the FTTP install in a couple of weeks time.

That said, having read through some of the community posts, albeit from a couple of years ago, it seems to be implied that the VoIP port shouldn't be started til after the FTTP install has gone live?Huh

Have I inadvertantly caused my FTTP order to be cancelled or is the process different now?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

Re: FTTP Ordered and VoIP port started - have I jumped the gun??

You do not start the VoIP port until you have the FTTP install complete - if you are moving from a fibre+phone package - until the FTTP is installed and working. You can, with some VoIP providers, set up the account in advance, and then ask them to complete once the phone number is in the 'quarantine' period of 30 days.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 427

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Full Fibre to My Orders

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

teamdb
Grafter

aggh... fingers crossed I've got andres and arnold to stop the port process in time then...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

NOTE: If the Plusnet legacy email service is being used, it is ESSENTAIL that one ensures that the Plusnet broadband account has been switched to FTTP first.  If the migration of the phone number to VoIP happens first, then the account WILL BE CLOSED with the consequence that the email service and the existing broadband service will be terminated.

THERE IS NO MEANS OF RESURECTING KILLED OFF EMAIL SERVICES.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

teamdb
Grafter

The number port has been stopped, so with any luck I won't lose the legacy email or trigger in contract cancellation costs