cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC to FTTP upgrade today - left with no internet

Adrian72
Dabbler

FTTC to FTTP upgrade today - left with no internet

Hi all, first post, hope someone can help.

Upgraded today from FTTC to FTTP (both Plusnet). OR engineer did the install this morning, all fine at the OR end, but no internet on the Hub 2 - he rang his office and they said PN needed to activate it which would be sometime in next 24 hrs.

I still had the FTTC service so no problem waiting for activation. However the service on my Hub one has now gone off but the new service on the Hub 2 has still not been activated. I have tried reboot and factory reset but it is still showing orange.

So I am left with no service at all. Is this normal? How long might I be left like this? Or is there something else I need to do?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Adrian
31 REPLIES 31
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: FTTC to FTTP upgrade today - left with no internet

I have tried reboot and factory reset but it is still showing orange.

When you factory reset it, after the restart , does it initially go Blue and then change to orange ?

If so , then check that the correct username is shown in the broadband settings

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Adrian72
Dabbler

Hi, no it goes green then orange. Never blue.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So is the username still showing as setup@plusdsl.net ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Adrian72
Dabbler

Yes. I tried changing it to my username, having seen that suggestion on other posts, but that made no difference.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

What lights are showing on the ONT ?

Adrian72
Dabbler

All green except LOS which is off.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sounds like the install hasnt completed correctly , you need to call Customer services and report the problem

Adrian72
Dabbler

Thanks for your help. Rang Customer Services who said it will take until up to midnight for the full fibre to be activated and meanwhile Openreach have already switched off my old service, so that's that I guess!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Its possible I suppose! Its not uncommon for new, accounts not to be activated until later in the day, but yours is an existing account.

I hope I'm wrong and it does activate later. Post back and let us know.

Adrian72
Dabbler

Thanks, will do - not too hopeful at the moment!
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Adrian72
Dabbler

Unfortunately you were right Mister W - past midnight and still no service (i rebooted afer midnight but still orange) - so the "wait until midnight" line from Customer Services was, as you implied, nonsense.  Very disappointing that my FTTC service was switched off before the FTTP was activated, and my FTTP service has still not been activated. I had an email from Plusnet saying it was up and running but sadly this is not true.  I am at a loss as to what to do next - as a household that predominantly works frome home (and with a son who loves his Xbox) this is a real nightmare.  Anyone from Plusnet out there able to help?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry that I appeared to be right!

Can you post the broadband status page from the Hub 2 and possibly the output from the event log , it might give a clue as to the problem

(redact any personal ino like accountname, this is a public form)

Adrian72
Dabbler