cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC order not due to complete until the 31st?

Gigabit
Hooked

FTTC order not due to complete until the 31st?

I’ve ordered FTTC and a new phone line.

The phone line has already been activated but the FTTC isn’t due to be activated until the 31st. I am working from home extensively due to Coronavirus so I was wondering if there is any way this might be done faster?
4 REPLIES 4
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: FTTC order not due to complete until the 31st?

Likely be difficult to get a fibre service quicker than that. Usual lead times on installation can be about 2 weeks anyway, regardless of all the delays in openreach with the flood damage last month and any loss of personnel with the virus now.

If its essential to get a service ASAP then it may be worth asking pnet about whether it would be possible to place an ADSL order first. They're usually faster to set up though naturally the speed will be lower, and then place an upgrade order later as that way you'll have some interim service, though it will depend on the order type and openreach availability etc.
Gigabit
Hooked

Is anyone from Plusnet able to help with this? Is there any chance of having an ADSL service setup quicker if the line is active?

Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

For something like this you may be better biting the bullet and calling in. The queues I imagine will be longer than normal, but I'm assuming staff levels are going to be down quite a bit. If it's taking a few days for written responses this may be an issue where a staffer responds to tell you whether it's possible or not, but then a new agreement or confirmation from you would likely be needed, and then another few days for the follow up again. Forum responses as I understand it run on a queue system so after each response you'll be back of the queue again-by the time things are ready to go you may be at a stage where you might as well wait it out.

No-one likes holding on the phone naturally, but go that way and you should be able to cover viability, and if it can be done get things arranged all in one go. Call service and go from there.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Gigabit,

I am sorry to hear you have to work from home and for any inconvenience this completion date of your order is causing.

Unfortunately the date provided is the earliest an engineer can be appointed to perform the work externally to get you connected to our service.

We are sorry for any undue stress this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team