cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTC Waiting List - Previous owner had Fibre

Singh

FTC Waiting List - Previous owner had Fibre

Hi All

I have just moved to a new home. Previous owner had 66mb fibre connection but when I am trying to register for fibre plusnet staff is saying on normal 8mb broadband is available.

I checked BT availability it says.

How can I get fibre? What is the best way to resolve this?

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 

8059.42018.453.6Waiting listWaiting list
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: FTC Waiting List - Previous owner had Fibre

@Singh Welcome to the forums. The fact that the previous owners had FTTC does not mean it is automatically available for you - there are only so many ports available in the Fibre cab, and once they are all allocated, you will be unable to get a fibre connection until either someone ceases their line, or BT increase the cab capacity, both of which are outside either your or your ISPs control.

I would personally suggest you accept the ADSL connection available, and then continue to monitor the Availability checker on a weekly basis and request an upgrade to FTTC as soon as it changes from 'waiting list' to 'available'.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Singh, as @jab1 has advised it sounds like someone's jumped on the open spot for fibre in your area as the previous tenant left. If you check the availability checker weekly then hopefully you see the waiting list change to available.
Once this does then give our Customer Options team a call via the details below and they'll be able to get your order placed for fibre. They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00