cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE contract to end in June

ed1su
Hooked

FIBRE contract to end in June

My fibre and line rental contract ends in June. Do Plusnet match deals, i can get better deals via topcashback.co.uk and moneysavingexpert.com.

Do I just join another provider or there is way plusnet will price match. Thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: FIBRE contract to end in June

@ed1su 

Find a good competitive deal then ring Plusnet and select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. The agents who man these lines seem to have more latitude with regard to negotiating a new deal. Quote the competitors deal, reject the first silly offer they will probably make and see how close you can get to a deal. If you can get a sensible offer I would be tempted to go with it because if the swap over goes wrong at the present time then you could end up with nothing.

Another tip, if you are also renewing LRS in the same month then discuss this with the agent as it has to be processed at the same time, else you will have to wait a month before you can add it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @ed1su

Sorry to hear you are thinking of moving providers, we're more than happy to arrange a callback with our Customer Options team to discuss this further with you.

You can reach the Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 during the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Something that may be worth doing is taking a look at comparison websites as MSE, comparethemarket.com etc to get a rough guide on pricing - you can also mention these prices to our team who can look to either match the price or get as close as possible.

Thanks. 

ed1su
Hooked

Thank you for the information i would be happy for call back
ed1su
Hooked

Thanks for great advice really appreciated it
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @ed1su

If you'd prefer a callback please drop me a PM with your preferred time/date/number to catch you on and I can get that arranged. 

Thans. 

ed1su
Hooked

Hi still

Had no call back
ed1su
Hooked

Had no call back so, phoned the above number but plusnet didn't budge on price.

So now need to join different provider.

Oh well i tried.
ed1su
Hooked

I have norrowed down to these 3

Shell energy fibre 12 months contract £22.99 * 12=£275.88 - £50 cashback £225.88 = £18.82 a month this is via moneysavingexpert

Talk talk via topcashback.co.uk

£23.50*18=£423 - £76.50 cashback
£19.25 a month

Virgini Media
Via moneysavingexpert 58mb

£23.99*18=431.82 - £100 cashback =£331.82 £18.43 a month.

I have used talk talk before and got cashback via topcashback.co.uk so thinking join them.

Not sure about shell energy
ed1su
Hooked

Hi

Decided to go with Shell Broadband.

If my contract end date is 12th June and my new provider go live date is 12th June. Will plusnet charge any fees?

Thank you
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ed1su, thanks for getting back in touch. There shouldn't be any charges that occur however if they do then please do let us know and we'll happily look to correct this for you. Just to make sure, if you haven't received an email from us along the lines of "Sorry to hear you're leaving..." by then I'd recommend giving our cancellations team a call as the new provider you're moving to may have placed the orders in a way where we haven't received a connection. If you have then the account closure should begin  when the service transfers over.
Our cancellations team are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

ed1su
Hooked

Hi BD

Thank you, I have put the order in today, not received any email from plusnet.

I am happy to stay with plusnet if they match the deal with Shell Broadband. I did phone plusnet and they were not offering me anything then normal price. Even new customer get a better deal via topcashback.co.uk.

The adviser was quite happy for me to change suppliers.

Thank again for your time