Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedited Fee's are Ridiculous

andydee0
Hooked

Expedited Fee's are Ridiculous

Hello,

So I become a new customer literally today, and okay 10 working day's isn't much of a wait - but was needed quite urgently.. I enquired about a faster delivery - initially I was told there is no such service - I started a new live chat and found out the service does exist.. but for a charge of.......... £196 PLUS VAT - This is not serious, for a tech guy to go to the green cabinet.. Click one wire, go to the exchange and confirm the connection - £196 is not worth 10 minutes of work...

Fee's that are ridiculous like this isn't a great way to see a new business. 

8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Expedited Fee's are Ridiculous

Hi

That is what Openreach would charge Plusnet (or any other ISP) to expedite an order.  It would just be passed on to you.  I've not heard of Plusnet offering this as a paid service before, but they do from time to time offer it when they have messed up and caused a delay.

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It's mainly down to OpenReach charges I would guess , see here https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=yzq%2FQaGYa3h... OR's charge for FTTC expedite is £180 ( plus normal charge! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andydee0
Hooked

I totally get that the price comes from OpenReach - but £196 !? - Like that is crazy money for what the engineer has to do.. Its literally a 10 minute or less job.. And I am sure companies can sort a better price for customers than that hefty sum!

Like even £40-50 would have been fine, I nearly died when she said £196 plus VAT.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

That's a historic price.  In the document you linked to (same one I looked at), that price was until 31/03/2013.  The next row is the current price, which is £196.00

andydee0
Hooked

Thanks for clearing up guys, and now I know this is NOT Plus Net charging this price - but nonetheless it still is crazy stupid money for what they need to actually do.. Anyways Ill have to wait the ten working days - did you guys get this on  the shorter side of the ETA or actually had to wait up to 10 working days?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

It's largely down to availability of an engineer in your area.  Once an order has been placed then you will be given the date.  Plusnet should be able to check on available dates prior to placing an order, but they wouldn't be able to commit to that date until the order has been confirmed by Openreach.

andydee0
Hooked

Thanks PJ, sounds good to me - no date was provided but then again I literally clicked confirm payment like 30 mins ago!

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

But PN is now a bargain basement operator competing with TalkTalk on price (never used to be) if you want a premium service there's always AAISP or Zen Cool_smiley

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra