cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected activation date

MVB
Hooked

Expected activation date

I ordered my service last week and have my new router, I am just upgrading an existing account from ADSL to broadband. I was told when I placed the order that activation would take 5-10 days. I am not sure how far ahead of the activation date will be confirmed.  I checked the wholesale tracker and it states there is an order that is due to be completed by January the 8th.

Is that date the worst case SLA for Openreach or is that the date that Openreach have booked the work? That will be more like 26 days

6 REPLIES 6
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Expected activation date

Unfortunately yes that is when the switch takes place. Product cshnge is done 10 days. I'm in same boat too feel your pain. Down to engineer availability.
Excellent!
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Changing from ADSL to VDSL requires an engineer to physically do some work at your cabinet so dates are always dependant on engineer availability. Add in the time of year and it's not surprising it appears to be taking longer than hoped.

As you've with PlusNet already I believe you should be able to change your router whenever you want before the new service is active. It works (I believe) on both ADSL & VDSL.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @MVB

Our suppliers have actually booked the work in on the 8th January. It's due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MVB
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf Thank you for checking and taking the time to confirm. I understand you are at the mercy of Openreach (Can'treach) but it would be really helpful to provide this sort of information as a proactive update.

Overall the tech support I have had from Plusnet over the years has been excellent but a lot of this is about setting expectations. If call centre staff set an expectation of 5-10 days and a confirmed date from Openreach is clearly later why is a message not sent to the customer to keep them informed? It is not that hard to do is it?

I guess I should be happy that at least we will now get an increase over our terrible 1mb service more than 2 years after Openreach originally told us we would get it.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@MVB

I agree with you. At the moment our system doesn't relay over some notifications we receive from our suppliers.

It's something I've passed feedback on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet