cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every order is cancelled

jamcopse

Every order is cancelled

We moved in to our new house and placed an order with Plusnet for a phone line rental and fibre broadband on 29th Jan. An engineer was required to install a new line and so we paid the charge and booked it for Friday 9th Feb. 

After a no-show from the engineer and countless conversations with plusnet (have spoken to 8 different customer service operators all who say something different each time..) we are no where closer to having broadband (its been 4 weeks now).

There seems to be a big issue with the supplier (openreach) as they need to complete external works (even though we have an active BT line already installed to the house) however each time I contact Plusnet, I find my previous order has been cancelled. We are on our third order now and I really can't see anything different that will make it successful this time...

Every time I get in touch the issue is always postponed by a week, so nothing will happen for 7 days and then I have to chase as to whether an engineer is coming or not. They then tell me the order is cancelled.

I appreciate Plusnet are reliant on openreach but this is just getting ridiculous now - will it ever get sorted?

Has anyone had a similar experience, and what was the outcome in the end?

8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Every order is cancelled

If there is an active line does it have a dial tone? If it does dialling 17070 should give you the number - if it does have you given that number to Plusnet?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jamcopse

Yes, Plusnet email through the number yesterday (we have tested and it works).

But then today they told me the broadband order had a delay on it and it will be reviewed on the 27th.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A warm welcome to the forums.

Do you know if there was a broadband service at the premises previously?

Is the property in a highly populated (remote) area?  There is still some old technology around which was used to bet two 'phone' lines over one copper pair called DACS.  This technology is not compatible with broadband and needs to be removed before it can be provided.  To remove DACS a workable unused pair is required.  If there are no spare pairs a whole new cable needs to be laid.

There are though a multitude of other reasons why BTOR cannot deliver service within a reasonable time line.  You really need Plusnet to disclose the reasons for the delay - if nothing else it will inform your expectations on how long you might have to wait.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Jamcopse,

I'm really sorry about the delays in your provide.

I thoroughly checked all our suppliers systems and can confirm it has been a routing and planning issue regarding your repeated order delay. 

Your fibre is due to go live by midnight on the 28th February. 

I have put in a request with Openreach to bring this forward for yourself to 23rd or 26th February.

However, please be aware this is not guaranteed and a best endeavour by Openreach. 

I'll update a ticket for you once I have a response from them directly. 

If you need me give me a shout. 

Thanks. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello again!

I have received a response from Openreach and they have agreed to expedite your Fibre service to the 23rd February by midnight. 

Our appointments team will contact you when it is fully committed for the 23rd February.

I hope this helps!

Thanks.

jamcopse

Hi Ollie,

Thank you very much for pushing through - will someone need to be home when BT come out?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does your master socket have separate sockets for ADSL and phone? If it doesn't it might be worth being in even if not needed to see if you can wangle one out of him.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jamcopse,

This is a cabinet and exchange only order so no need to wait in Smiley 

I have checked over the order and it is officially showing with BT wholesale as the 23/2/18 by midnight. 

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks. 

- Ollie