cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even more waiting?

graemeneilson

Even more waiting?

So I scheduled my house move on the 02/05. Phone line switched on 05/05. Broadband order didn't go through so had to have that redone. Now I have to wait until the 15th? Just curious as to why?
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Even more waiting?

Hi there Graeme.

Sorry to hear of the delay with your house move order. I can see we've placed your fibre order yesterday. There is a minimum lead time of 5 working days that we have to give our suppliers to fulfil the order.

Also, it can take anytime up to midnight on the day for the service to go live.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
graemeneilson

So another week of no broadband... Lovely.

Thanks for the reply.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Let us know if there's anything else I can help with.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf wrote:

I can see we've placed your fibre order yesterday. There is a minimum lead time of 5 working days that we have to give our suppliers to fulfil the order.

I guess the unasked (and avoided) question here is why was this only ordered "yesterday" (8th May)?  The migration was requested for the 2nd May.  What went wrong here?

Is it possible the previous line's owner's supplier had a cease order on the line thereby inhibiting any ISP placing a line take over order until after the old owner left the property?  Industry practices really do need revision to allow planning for "take over after cease" orders to be raised and auctioned.

Just think of the revenues to be generated by not loosing rental days across all those of the house moves performed.  What is barking mad here is that if there was no existing working line or the customer opted for a new line to be installed it could have all been set up to happen on the 2nd.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Townman,

We placed a simultaneous phone/fibre order (twice, actually), both of which failed due to no DSLAM port available. We offered the OP the usual we're happy to place an ADSL order or you can leave your contract with no penalty.

The agent that placed the order should have put this through as a simultaneous phone/ADSL order, but instead just restarted the phone line which completed on the 5th (as it can take 4 working days for a start of stopped line if it's not BT)

Line records then updated over the weekend to show that Plusnet own the line. Seemed that during the time the phone order was progressed, capacity was restored as we were able to place the fibre order on the 8th and now in progress for the 15th which is the bare minimum lead time we have to provide our suppliers.

To answer your question as to what went wrong, the agent who placed the order to restart the line should have placed this as a simultaneous provide with ADSL. Had this been done the lead time would have been slightly longer (IIRC 9 days) so it's possible they'd be back online by now (likely to have been today). I'll pass on internal feedback regarding that.

Having said this, the service would also have been provisioned on ADSL not Fibre.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet